edited December 27, 2007
    Hudworks76 wrote:
    20 something year old Ben Spies on his was to a National Championship
    to the victor...etc. The Hackings
  • Hudworks76Hudworks76 Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Hudworks76 wrote:
    to the victor...etc. The Hackings
    One of Michael Jordans bikes. Yes that Michael Jordan. He doesn't race- he just owns the team.

more here...http://www.chrishudsonphotography.net/gallery/3590789
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Hudworks76 wrote:
    From Laguna Seca AMA Superbike meet. Sep 16 '07

Nice shots Chris. What lens(s) were you shooting with and from what locations? I shot the same race from the amateur locations and didn't fare as well, and not even close. Better equipment next time maybe.
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
    edited December 28, 2007
    J.T. wrote:
    Nice shots Chris. What lens(s) were you shooting with and from what locations? I shot the same race from the amateur locations and didn't fare as well, and not even close. Better equipment next time maybe.

Many thanks!

Mainly from inside Turn 11, I was lucky enough to score a pass....which is why they are a little boring...I should have been more adventurous, but didn't want to climb all the way up the corkscrew to be turned away.

I was using a D200 with an older 28-70/2.8 ED and 80-200 f2.8. Not having a clue what to buy when I started I asked what I should get. About 4 years ago glamour photo pal of mine told me to get those two and a D100 and that was pretty much all I would need. Most my work is indoors hence the quest for 2.8. I recently got a 12-24 which is lost of fun as long as you don't over do it. I learnt something new from a multi camera carrying pro standing next to me. And that was to shoot shutter priority and that gives the movement which I personally like....static sport shots don't do it for me..even if they are super tack sharp. Luckily it's all for fun so I can be a stupid as I like.

Here's a shot of Spies with an ill-timed wheely which meant he would spend the first part of the race chasing Mladin. Little did I know I caught a buddy of mine in the background taking the same shot....and the next post shows me taking him. Sweet isn't it. He has a Canon- but that's all I know about his shot!
    edited December 28, 2007
    and Spies from the other side....a Canon.
  • J.T.J.T. Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Hudworks76 wrote:
    Many thanks!

Mainly from inside Turn 11, I was lucky enough to score a pass....which is why they are a little boring...I should have been more adventurous, but didn't want to climb all the way up the corkscrew to be turned away.

I was using a D200 with an older 28-70/2.8 ED and 80-200 f2.8. Not having a clue what to buy when I started I asked what I should get. About 4 years ago glamour photo pal of mine told me to get those two and a D100 and that was pretty much all I would need. Most my work is indoors hence the quest for 2.8. I recently got a 12-24 which is lost of fun as long as you don't over do it. I learnt something new from a multi camera carrying pro standing next to me. And that was to shoot shutter priority and that gives the movement which I personally like....static sport shots don't do it for me..even if they are super tack sharp. Luckily it's all for fun so I can be a stupid as I like.

Here's a shot of Spies with an ill-timed wheely which meant he would spend the first part of the race chasing Mladin. Little did I know I caught a buddy of mine in the background taking the same shot....and the next post shows me taking him. Sweet isn't it. He has a Canon- but that's all I know about his shot!

Great shot of Spies! And great shots of each other. Thanks for the info. I may try to get a pass next year, we'll see what happens. Thanks again!
    John "J.T."
    http://johnthiele.smugmug.com

Nikon D80 w/MB-D80 vertical grip
    Tokina 50-135 f/2.8
    Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
    Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
    Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR

RPS Studio Rotating Flash Bracket

SB 600

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter." -- Ansel Adams
  • gagodfathergagodfather Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    nice work
    i am a avid motorcyclist and attend the barber race and the road atlanta race every year i was wondering how you got a pass to get closer and also wanted to say the pics are sweet keep up the good work and if you ever wanna venture to the southern races let me know ill be there