Evening in Snowdonia

SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited December 30, 2007 in Landscapes
Hi,
Recently returned from a trip to Snowdonia (Wales, UK). This is a 30 second exposure taken around 11:30pm. The cottage is the one I was staying in.

234753625-L.jpg

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    I think you captured a wonderful sky here with the long exposure. Is the 30 seconds the max you can perform with your camera? I think and even longer exposure could make this photo even more dramatic.....

Thanks for posting this.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    very nice sky! the cabin could have been a little brighter but thats just me.. :D
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    I think you captured a wonderful sky here with the long exposure. Is the 30 seconds the max you can perform with your camera? I think and even longer exposure could make this photo even more dramatic.....
    Yes the original shot was really dark so I lightened it afterwards. It was taken with an EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT and I think 30 seconds is the max. unless you go to full manual but I hardly go there as it's still a bit of a mystery to me!
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Speedie wrote:
    Yes the original shot was really dark so I lightened it afterwards. It was taken with an EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT and I think 30 seconds is the max. unless you go to full manual but I hardly go there as it's still a bit of a mystery to me!

Yes, with your Rebel you should be able to do a "bulb exposure" where the shutter stays open for as long as you need. I'm not sure how to do that on your model of camera but I know that it is possible. I would check with your manual.

I think that with a longer exposure, you could really take what is a nice photo to a great photo. Have a Happy New Year.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw