Appropriate for Dec 27

MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
edited December 27, 2007 in Landscapes
There is trouble brewing in Pakistan. Here's a pic of Ghandi but a pic of Rodney King would be appropriate too..."Why can't we all just get along?"

Thinking of Awais...hope you are well...

236447102-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    :cry This is saddess day of my life. Though i was not supporter of bainazir but it is too much I hope similar day falls on Mush soon i am totaly tired of this freak ruling on us .

my cusion who is very close to me her marriage was tommorow some people burnt the venue too. now don't know how will marriage take place tommorow.

Thanks for kind wishes
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • annaelycmannaelycm Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    I too was thinking of you today Awais, as I listened to the news. My prayers are with you and the people of your country...

Anna
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Humans suck... I wish I was a Tiger... that or a Puffer fish, this way if someone wants to mess with me, I would just blow myself into a big round ball and float away!!! lol

I wish the people in Pakistan good luck!!
    sorry to hear of this news.

Awais, sorry to hear about your Cousins wedding.. maybe they can find a nice quiet park someplace?? Are you gonna be the photographer there?
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
    edited December 27, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    Humans suck... I wish I was a Tiger... that or a Puffer fish, this way if someone wants to mess with me, I would just blow myself into a big round ball and float away!!! lol

I wish the people in Pakistan good luck!!
    sorry to hear of this news.

Awais, sorry to hear about your Cousins wedding.. maybe they can find a nice quiet park someplace?? Are you gonna be the photographer there?

Yes i was suppose to be a photographer tommorow lets see how they arrange the marriage
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited December 27, 2007
    Yes i was suppose to be a photographer tommorow lets see how they arrange the marriage

well good luck.

Stay Safe!

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
    edited December 27, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    well good luck.

Stay Safe!

The biggest sick is that there is no transport and all shops are closed don't know if i can attend it or not i think they will do everything simply in shorter time rolleyes1.gif

Lets see

My Gallery
    edited December 27, 2007
    I dont know much about the culture there but are Weddings usually a really huge event? my ex-wife was from Hungary and the weddings there are like 3 days long.. lol

Hopefully it all works out for her.. and you as photog!

edited December 27, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    I dont know much about the culture there but are Weddings usually a really huge event? my ex-wife was from Hungary and the weddings there are like 3 days long.. lol

Hopefully it all works out for her.. and you as photog!

Islamic marriage is 2 days long
    One is when groom and family comes to bride's home when actual marriage takes place. Next day bride's family visit groom's house .

But in Pakistan 2 extra days are celebrated before actual marriage known as "Mehndi" when they apply hinna on bride's and groom's heads and hands.

Size of the event depends on econimic condition of the family it was suppose to be a moderate type of event 50 to 60 people.

My Gallery
    edited December 27, 2007
    i see.... 2 days of celebration... dont know if i could handel that..lol I get tired after 6 or so hours of wedding that we have here in the states!

After about 4 Hrs, I start looking for the door and Im ready to go home..

edited December 27, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    i see.... 2 days of celebration... dont know if i could handel that..lol I get tired after 6 or so hours of wedding that we have here in the states!

After about 4 Hrs, I start looking for the door and Im ready to go home..

:D
    Its not continously 48 hrs in a row
    actual event is around 4 or 5 hrs not more then that

My Gallery
  • MoniMoni Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Its not continously 48 hrs in a row
    actual event is around 4 or 5 hrs not more then that

I went to my friend's wedding - half canadian and half Ismali from Uganda.
    She had 3 days of parties. Mendhi (sp?) and dancing the first night, 2 different ceremonies and typical North American reception the next day and then some sort of afternoon party the 3rd day.
    She wore a total of 6 different outfits.
    It was crazy but it was fun. And the food was great.

Hope your cousin can still get married tomorrow.
    Just remember to keep safe.

Good luck!

Monica