Options

ebay Photoshop be careful

wompom1wompom1 Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited December 27, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi,
I received (sealed) CS3 as a Christmas gift that was purchased from ebay and now I am having issues registering. Called Adobe help to find out why serial numbers do not match up with log-in and was advised that there are pirated packages being sold on the mkt....so 'buyer beware'.

stay tuned

Comments

• Options
    z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Did you pay $650 ?

If not - it was a clear sign, sorry.
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • Options
    OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    You get what you pay for. If you need something new and genuine don't use Ebay.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Whoa. Take it easy. It was bought for him as a gift, and someone who doesn't know simply doesn't know, ya know?

That said, I would say the caveat applies to eBay no matter the product, no matter the price. Proceed with caution.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Whoa. Take it easy. It was bought for him as a gift, and someone who doesn't know simply doesn't know, ya know?

That said, I would say the caveat applies to eBay no matter the product, no matter the price. Proceed with caution.
    David, for my part.. I was judiciously blunt because that's just the way Ebay is.. it wasn't directed at the OP specifically but no point in mincing words.. lesson for the purchaser.

I've bought, and sold, a few things via Ebay and have 2 purchases in the pipeline, but would always assume that anything sold at a knock-down price is a knock-off.

Actually, a possibly worthwhile bit of advice for the OP is to get the purchaser to lodge a dispute through Paypal (if used) and threaten with -ve feedback, etc.. has worked for me in the past. I think Paypal actually has a bias in favour of the purchaser in disputed cases (depending on timescale?) thumb.gif