Signature Brush Question

justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited December 30, 2007 in Finishing School
After switching to digital 5 months ago from film photography, I have a stupid question for you digital gurus... I made my signature brush for my logo to go onto the photos ordered off of SM.

Is the signature going to adjust comparatively to the size of the photo ordered? For example, will the signature be to scale on a 4 x 6 print as on a 11 x 14 print? Just curious. I've tested a couple but haven't received them yet from SM to be sure. Do I need to do anything when I apply the digital logo for sizing purposes?:scratch
Linda
Justus Photography
www.lindasherrill.com

Comments

• jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    There is a way to scale the sig brush in PS when printing, but I believe the preferred signature method to use for scaling on SM prints is the watermark feature. Scaling occurs automatically.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Signature on Photos
    Thanks for the info. Now I'm afraid I'm right back where I started....
    confused. I'll do some more research tho.
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Hey Justus,

I'll see if I can explain it so it makes sense.
    When you create a signature or watermark on an image. It becomes part of the pixels of that image. So if you increase the image size by 50%. The signature will increase in size 50% along w/ the image.

You can think about this kind of like writing on a balloon. Write your name or symbol on a deflated balloon, then blow up the balloon. You'll see the size of the thing you drew grow along w/ the balloon itself.

You asked about "doing anything when applying logo's". If you have a more specific question. I'll be glad to help out. This question is a bit too vague since I don't know what you want the end result to look like.

Hope this helped.

Cheers,
    -Jon