an evening at ben's

JonMikalJonMikal Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited December 29, 2007 in Landscapes
236580348-L.jpg

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Ben must whip up some pretty good chow!!

Nice shot.....wheres the color version?
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    I really like this shot. I love the high contrast. I'm not sure exactly what you did in post, but it almost looks illustrated. Really cool.
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    gregneil wrote:
    I really like this shot. I love the high contrast. I'm not sure exactly what you did in post, but it almost looks illustrated. Really cool.

I agree. It seems kind of graphic-novelly. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 28, 2007
    neat photo with some neat pp-

I like this-

looks like you could find some interesting characters there-
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    I love the shot too. Whether it really was or not, it has the look of having been taken very late at night, when the bars close and guys get that hankering for a midnight snack...

Yet another example of why a "street photography" subforum would be great to have here on dgrin! thumb.gif
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 28, 2007
    1pocket wrote:
    I love the shot too. Whether it really was or not, it has the look of having been taken very late at night, when the bars close and guys get that hankering for a midnight snack...

Yet another example of why a "street photography" subforum would be great to have here on dgrin! thumb.gif

we have a "street" forum - I'll move this great shot over there.
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    we have a "street" forum - I'll move this great shot over there.
    I don't understand the dGrin thinking when it comes to the breakdown of the forum categories. There are "people" in this photo, as there usually are with "street photography". In fact, most of the street photography that is posted on dGrin seems to be posted in "People".

In fact, a recent opening post/new thread was posted originally here in the Field & Street forum, only to be moved by a mod into People, even though half the images posted have no people at all, and the rest were pretty clearly "street" scenes. Furthermore it was entitled "Kyoto" -- wouldn't that constitute a "Journey" for a photog who lists his home as B-More, MD?
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79491

You guys have me confused headscratch.gif

Instead of such an ambiguous situation, and mixed messages from the mods, what would be wrong with tweaking the subforums? At the very least, street photography is more closely aligned with "People" than it is with Landscapes. If you are uncomfortable with street photography being mixed in with the ever popular kid pix, well it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the kid pix went into some kind of new family/pets/snapshot subforum -- I'm sure such a new sub forum would be very popular.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • JonMikalJonMikal Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    1pocket wrote:
    Whether it really was or not, it has the look of having been taken very late at night, when the bars close and guys get that hankering for a midnight snack...

yep, pretty late at night as i recall.

thanks everyone for your kind remarks. :)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    1pocket wrote:
    I don't understand the dGrin thinking when it comes to the breakdown of the forum categories. There are "people" in this photo, as there usually are with "street photography". In fact, most of the street photography that is posted on dGrin seems to be posted in "People".

In fact, a recent opening post/new thread was posted originally here in the Field & Street forum, only to be moved by a mod into People, even though half the images posted have no people at all, and the rest were pretty clearly "street" scenes. Furthermore it was entitled "Kyoto" -- wouldn't that constitute a "Journey" for a photog who lists his home as B-More, MD?
    http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79491

You guys have me confused headscratch.gif

Instead of such an ambiguous situation, and mixed messages from the mods, what would be wrong with tweaking the subforums? At the very least, street photography is more closely aligned with "People" than it is with Landscapes. If you are uncomfortable with street photography being mixed in with the ever popular kid pix, well it wouldn't hurt my feelings if the kid pix went into some kind of new family/pets/snapshot subforum -- I'm sure such a new sub forum would be very popular.
    1pocket,

I understand the confusion and we're working on getting things to be a little more clear. The 'Kyoto' thread was originally in Journeys and was only later modified to have text, hence the move out of the travelogue area into a Shots forum. Please don't feel pressured to get it exactly right when starting a thread because the rules of placement aren't a punishable offense! :D
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Oh man, I really like this shot. Really, really good stuff.

I'd like to say more but now I'm off to get a chili burger. :cheeburga