Options

Christmas in Naples

BikePilotBikePilot Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited December 29, 2007 in Journeys
Florida that is;)

I went to visit my parents in naples FL for christmas and here's some pics from the trip. Most were taken with either an old sony point and shoot or an SD1000 point and shoot, so not of great quality, but at least to me, the content was lots of fun:barb

I'd love comments on the night shots as to how I might have done a better job of it!

Me after some laps on my mom's KX80 - the little bike is wayyy too much fun:hail
normal_IMG_5868.JPG

short video
http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5878.AVI

Tested out my dad's new push bike. Seriously hard to do wheelies on it:banghead
normal_DSC00318.JPG

cool building on the beach - botom part of it looks sorta like a ship. For about 30 million (I think) you can buy a condo in one of the upper floors:deal

normal_DSC00452.JPG

Sunset over the ocean
normal_DSC00454.JPG

The moon
normal_DSC00465.JPG

The moon and mars (little dot below the moon)
normal_DSC00489.JPG

normal_DSC00496.JPG

normal_DSC00541.JPG

mom and dad got new tennis racquets for christmas, I had to give it a try (I've never played before)
normal_IMG_0050.JPG

Tossed the football around on the beach
normal_IMG_0067.JPG

normal_IMG_0071.JPG

dad and I dialing in the jetting on mom's bike
normal_IMG_5855.JPG

mom says the jetting is pretty good, but still just a little blubery in the middle.
normal_IMG_5860.JPG

A few quick laps with me aboard and the blubberyness is all gone. Probably just a bit of carbon in the exhaust or something. WOT around a sand track cleared it all out and the bike ran crisp as can be:deal

normal_IMG_5861.JPG

breakfast!
normal_IMG_5887.JPG

http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5864.AVI
Josh

Sony DSC-S85 (point and shoot)
Panasonic LX1
Olympus 770SW

In the market for a dslr

Comments

• Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    I think that you have some simply fantastic shots here......looks like a very fun trip - would not mind a 'warm holiday' every now and then myself to be honest. I absolutely love the shot of the palm tree silhouette against the beach sunset - that is a winner. Plus the one after that with the palm trees with Christmas light and the moon in the back is well done too.

I think you succeeded quite well here - even with a point and shoot. Thanks for sharing these....
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    BikePilot wrote:
    Florida that is;)

I went to visit my parents in naples FL for christmas and here's some pics from the trip. Most were taken with either an old sony point and shoot or an SD1000 point and shoot, so not of great quality, but at least to me, the content was lots of funwings.gif
    I'd love comments on the night shots as to how I might have done a better job of it!
    Me after some laps on my mom's KX80 - the little bike is wayyy too much fun:hail

short video
    http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5878.AVI
    Tested out my dad's new push bike. Seriously hard to do wheelies on it:banghead

cool building on the beach - botom part of it looks sorta like a ship. For about 30 million (I think) you can buy a condo in one of the upper floorsdeal.gif
    Sunset over the ocean

The moon

The moon and mars (little dot below the moon)

mom and dad got new tennis racquets for christmas, I had to give it a try (I've never played before)

Tossed the football around on the beach

dad and I dialing in the jetting on mom's bike

mom says the jetting is pretty good, but still just a little blubery in the middle.

A few quick laps with me aboard and the blubberyness is all gone. Probably just a bit of carbon in the exhaust or something. WOT around a sand track cleared it all out and the bike ran crisp as can bedeal.gif
    breakfast!

http://www.postwhore.biz/albums/userpics/10047/MVI_5864.AVI

Oh my your fathers new push bike doesn't look comfortable to ride at all.
    The motor bikes look much more fun clap.gif

Your night shots look fine to me, really love that second shot,
    with the building all lit up and the cloud formation you managed to capture with a moon in it too ... whohooo!! Mr Smarty Pants :ivar

Shooting bright lights and mixtures of lights as a night scene would not be easy to do, some of your brighter lights in that shot are blown out,
    but other than that, you did really well. thumb.gif

Glad you had a nice time with your family over the Christmas break.
    Thanks for sharing.
    ........... ohhh and by the way, what is that gigantic fruit you picked off the tree there? a peach? or something else? .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    BikePilotBikePilot Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Thanks. I tried and tried to keep from blowing out the moon in that pic with the lighted palm tree and the one with the moon and mars between the two buildings but had no luck. I tried dialing down the exposure until everything but the moon was black and it was still a bit blown out. I really have very little idea what I'm doing but want to learn. Any suggestions/comments would be great.

All the night pics were taken by me with my sony dsc-s85 point and shoot. It has manual controls for shutter speed (1/1000 to 8 sec) aperture (f2 to f8). I typically would steal my wife's dslr for such work, but she was floating around the Caribbean with it at the time. I used a pocket tripod (about 8" tall) for the night shots along with the camera's timer feature so it wouldn't wobble when I pushed the button (or rather it wouldn't matter).

My dad's weird bicycle is actually amazingly comfortable, sorta like peddling a lazy boy.

The fruit is a grapefruit, but amazingly the oranges and limes were only a little smaller.
    Josh

Sony DSC-S85 (point and shoot)
    Panasonic LX1
    Olympus 770SW

In the market for a dslr