Tampa Bay Downs

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited January 4, 2008 in Sports
I ran over this morning and took a few shots of the workouts before racing. I was just trying to see how the conditions were, what I would need if I wanted to come back and take some more serious shots.

Here's a preview:

I can see I need to look at a couple of things. First, I need to bring a ladder to get above the outside fence, and I need to focus on not cutting off the legs - I didnt do that here, but did on several others.

C&C welcomed.

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    At the Track...
    Your images are very nice - sharp, clear etc. A ladder will also let you change the BG perhaps by getting less of the buildings in the images. Also, I would lay down on the ground for that perspective. shoot from variety of locations around the track, get them coming out of 'the gate'...

I wish there was still a horse racing track zaround here in New England. There used to be a Narragansett Race Track but closed ...maybe 20 yrs ago.

Steve(shoppix)
    Zanotti wrote:
    I ran over this morning and took a few shots of the workouts before racing. I was just trying to see how the conditions were, what I would need if I wanted to come back and take some more serious shots.

Here's a preview:

236762599-L.jpg

236762599-L.jpg

236761253-L.jpg

236761180-L.jpg

I can see I need to look at a couple of things. First, I need to bring a ladder to get above the outside fence, and I need to focus on not cutting off the legs - I didnt do that here, but did on several others.

C&C welcomed.

Z
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    These are really nice. Did they just let you in there or did you get special permission?
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    These are really nice. Did they just let you in there or did you get special permission?

I drive past here most mornings on my way to work. They exercise the horses in the morning, so I just drove into the end of the parking lot, and shot these over the fence.

If you notice, the jockeys dont have on their silks, they are just the work out crews.

My guess is that you could do the same during the race, its just the parking lot, but I was in and out before anyone could come by and say anything.

Thanks for the comments.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Well Im glad racing has started, I may have to go early one day for work outs then stay for the racing. , nice light .