something new for you

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 21, 2004 in People
got a new toy yesterday. canon rebel, with 28-135 i.s. lens. a whole new world of fun now awaits me :rofl

my dog, ms. natasha snow. she's a prize winner, doncha know?
http://williams.smugmug.com/gallery/54165

27089410.0403190185.jpg

and a gull
27093067.0403190142.jpg

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2004
    Beautiful dog, the photos are amazingly crisp.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2004
    headscratch.gif Wonder why I can't see the pics until I cut and paste the url's? I thought this problem had gone away.

Lovely shots once again Andy. Congratulations on your Photo of the Day ... very nice!
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    Beautiful dog, the photos are amazingly crisp.

thanks. that's that canon dslr quality, eh?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2004
    Hey andy...i know you blokes dont like handing out secrets too much but i will ask anyway. Did you 'richen' the colours in this shot ?

Great photo !

1874126-L.jpg
  • SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2004
    The colors do look well-saturated. How would that be done without funking up the skin tones, though?
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
    edited March 21, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Hey andy...i know you blokes dont like handing out secrets too much but i will ask anyway. Did you 'richen' the colours in this shot ?

Great photo !

hey there, 'gus

this is a photo of my good friend and fellow photog harry behret, he was shooting pics of my potd on the kodak jumbotron on times square ... i shot it handheld, long exp to get the movement of the cars and cabs.

this is the original colors, i'm sure i bumped saturation bet 5 and 10 in ps though...

thanks so much :)
    edited March 21, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    The colors do look well-saturated. How would that be done without funking up the skin tones, though?

in post, use "adjustment layers" hue/saturation. adjust saturation for the colors you want, then add a "layer mask" and then remove the color by using a brush from the areas you "dont" want to have the added saturation.

it's a snap
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    headscratch.gif Wonder why I can't see the pics until I cut and paste the url's? I thought this problem had gone away.

Hi Sid, no I can't see the pics either... thought it might be something to do with my new computer settings...ne_nau.gif