Chal 34 ginger again

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited March 15, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Flight: by ginger yesterday (Sat) Is this minimalism? I practiced on flying birds yesterday. These came out. The background is from PS gradients. I like it, don't know why. That is the size the pelicans were, the whole frame, I would be afraid of grain if I made them larger.

17444750-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    The Marsh
    I didn't clean up the grain because I forgot about it, now I figure if no one likes it, I will not need to clean up the grain.

17444743-L.jpg
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I think the background is very cool indeed....it may be because I've only had 3 hours of sleep and I am completely delirious at this point....but something seems missing. and I can't quite put my finger on it. perhaps you should smack me for posting in such a state of mind. rolleyes1.gif You've had some good shots so far for sure!
    edited March 13, 2005
    Maybe it looks like it should be the american flag or something. I am so bored with my entries.

hope you feel better. I am going to watch tv

g
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    perhaps you could try vertical lines??
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Maybe it looks like it should be the american flag or something. I am so bored with my entries.

hope you feel better. I am going to watch tv

g
    You have a good idea going there. I do think color would work, but muted, not too hot.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I didn't clean up the grain because I forgot about it, now I figure if no one likes it, I will not need to clean up the grain.
    I really like this one.. but I'm not sure about the bird sitting on top of the post..for me (and I have a bad cold so I have no room for brain) the bird makes it less minimal.. if you get my drift..I'd like to see if without the grain and DUST MOTTS .. 1drink.gif
    17444743-S.jpg
    edited March 14, 2005
    I could take the bird off easily, lol. With the clone tool I could wipe out countries. I find that funny for some reason.

But I looked for the ever prevalent dust and didn't see it, will look again.

ginger
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    I love both pictures. thumb.gif The pelican shot works really well as a minimalist idea, but I long to have the birds a bit larger in the frame. Color might punch it up, but then adding color could ruin it. ne_nau.gif If you like the photo, it is probably worth playing with a bit. Anyway, I think it is great as is. clap.gif

Email
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 14, 2005
    Ginger:

I love both of these shots. Nice composition and very creative, especially #1.

The noise in #2??? well, I don't know. I never automatically assume noise is a negative. I think it can be used creatively and effectively at times.
    edited March 14, 2005
    Waiting for the storm
    17510680-L.jpg

(This is my favorite)

But is it minimal.
    edited March 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

The Approaching Storm

The Yellow Submarine (I never listened to the Beatles, don't know what it is about, etc.)

But is it minimal.
    I think I like it ginger.. this is so hard this time.. is the blue maybe too blue?? I think I'm not a good person to comment this time.. I'm confused and sniffing..and am feeling very minimal..:uhoh 1drink.gif
    edited March 14, 2005
    It may be too blue, it started as a blue sky, I couldn't seem to get away from it. I am going to put some of the others up. I am sorry about your cold, but I would gladly take it from you to have that doorway with the snow and trees shot.

g
    edited March 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It may be too blue, it started as a blue sky, I couldn't seem to get away from it. I am going to put some of the others up. I am sorry about your cold, but I would gladly take it from you to have that doorway with the snow and trees shot.

g
    you're a sweetie and I love you iloveyou.gif1drink.gif
    edited March 14, 2005
    Day:

17511971-L.jpg

Night:

17510683-L.jpg

These were all I liked. I was confused on minimal. I do know that I kept bringing the yellow kayak back to the original color. It is the focus.
    This is from Saturday, the folder is called "yesterday's wasted shots". Remember no birds, smile. I do like the marsh. I have trouble photographing it.

ginger
    edited March 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

These were all I liked. I was confused on minimal. I do know that I kept bringing the yellow kayak back to the original color. It is the focus.
    This is from Saturday, the folder is called "yesterday's wasted shots". Remember no birds, smile. I do like the marsh. I have trouble photographing it.

ginger
    this one is my favorite ginger
    17511971-S.jpg
    edited March 14, 2005
    Thanks, Lynn. Before everyone mentions the noise, I want to say I am aware of it, and I will run it thru Noise Ninja. Going out now.

ginger
    edited March 15, 2005
    Sometimes my day starts out yellow, those are good days
    17542275-L.jpg

The Yellow Nightgown

March 14, 2005

g
    edited March 15, 2005
    17562265-L.jpg
    edited March 15, 2005
    The Silent Scream
    17544948-L.jpg
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    17544948-L.jpg
    I love this photo and the title seems just perfect given the frustration of trying to reach minimal. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Email