New Year

The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
edited December 31, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
With all the busyness of another holiday creeping up so quickly I just wanted to thank everyone at Dgrin and Smugmug.

The contests and challenges have been an experience in itself. I have had wonderful time and I look forward to another year of learning and reaching higher than ever before.

Please forgive me if I have forgotten to mention anyone as you all count and make this a wonderful place to be.

Have a safe and happy New Year.

Peace to you and your families. Gail:D

Comments

• kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Happy New Year to you and yours, Gail.

Peace, love and safety to you all as well! iloveyou.gif
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Thanks Kp-pix.

:D gail
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Happy New Year to you as well, Gail, and everyone else at Dgrin and SmugMug!

I know that LPS is responsible for tremendous growth in my work. I really enjoy it and the people here. It is also responsible for me purchasing a SmugMug Pro account, so I know it is achieving that goal.

My question is (and maybe Erik can reply) will another full LPS set start again once this one has finished? One place indicates it will, but I have read a few comments that indicated that after the final, LPS will be done.

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    :jawdrop say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I don't have this 'thing to shake and complain about' apart from work, home, life, laundry *sniff* oh no!

I will miss the annoying 'take pic for LPS' message that resonates in basic brain. But OK if it isn't but wow, I would certainly miss it. Secret motivation when you have none, pleasure to view when busy, something to whinge about on the side when you disagree with things - it's awesome!!!!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Wishing each and everyone one of you a Safe and Joyous New Year....

I'm off to finish cleaning, cuz we have a "superstition" not to let the New Year find you with a "dirty" house (No I don't just clean on New Years..lol)...but we like the old year to take the "negative" with it...

Have a great one everyone and good luck in LPS19 (Laughing.gif I got mine in on time, just in case)..:D
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007

My question is (and maybe Erik can reply) will another full LPS set start again once this one has finished? One place indicates it will, but I have read a few comments that indicated that after the final, LPS will be done.

Emily

A QUOTE FROM THE RULES STATES:

"February 4 - semifinal finalists chosen and the beginning of the Grand Finale
    February 18 - public voting for the Dgrin's Last Photographer Standing!

March 3 - Start all over again."

So here's hoping we get to "Start all over again." As someone that jumped in only a few rounds ago, I'd be excited to be in it from the beginning.

I've learned a ton in just the few rounds I've been a part of. It's been a great tool to learn and improve.

Happy New Year everyone!:D
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 30, 2007

Emily
    Emily, and all,

First, happy new year to you all as well (I'm sooo much closer than the rest of you blbl.gif)

Second, if you don't hear it from me, Shay, or Andy it's a rumor. Plain and simple. At the moment, the rules/schedule thread does in fact state we'll be starting a new cycle immediately after the close of this full year LPS (March 3). When we laid it all out last year, the hope was obviously to keep this going. But we are currently reviewing how it all went this year, and I will tentatively say that we are working on making LPSII even bigger and better. In light of all this, we may just have a short "rest" period in March before beginning LPSII, the sequel.

Again, stay tuned, ignore the rumor mill. The official decision will be posted big and publicly for all to see, not as just some one off post in a thread somewhere.
    thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 30, 2007
    Shudderz wrote:
    So here's hoping we get to "Start all over again." As someone that jumped in only a few rounds ago, I'd be excited to be in it from the beginning.
    Can't resist, just one more comment...

Yes and no. Starting all over again. That last word is what we're currently thinking about. One of the whole points of LPS was that it was different, new, and big, really big! If LPSII is to have the same impact, or at least similar, it probably won't just continue along "as usual".

Again, just stay tuned... :D
    Erik

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Thanks, Erik! You've now inextricably become part of "The Contest Clique."
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited December 30, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Thanks, Erik! You've now inextricably become part of "The Contest Clique."
    lol3.gif Nah, I just work here.
    Erik

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Thanks Erik, now I'm super pumped about LPS II, and the best of LPS I has even yet to be!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    You're enjoying this aren't you, Erik? Sadist...rolleyes1.gif
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Hny
    The prospect of a LPS II is very enticing.

2008 is bound to be a great year!
  • cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Emily, and all,

First, happy new year to you all as well (I'm sooo much closer than the rest of you blbl.gif)

thumb.gif

Not quite all, you're still behind me. Happy New Year.wings.gif
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
    edited December 31, 2007
    cjmchch wrote:
    Not quite all, you're still behind me. Happy New Year.wings.gif
    you've just outed yourself as a kiwi!

:hide
    Erik