LPS 19....Too Much?

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited December 31, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
As I sat and watched my son play with his Legos in my studio yesterday...I was amazed at his imagination. Thankfully when I asked him to humor me and let me test out my new softbox, he brought his legos with him and continued to play as I flashed away at him (conveniently with my black muslin hanging behind him).

It led me to think about "thoughts"....and an idea.

My question, is it too much? (if so I still had a blast putting it together, and my son absolutely loves it)

"IN THE MIND OF A CHILD"
237034672-L-1.jpg

thanks for your thoughts/suggestions...
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I think it's excellent. Well done.clap.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Pretty darn good, I say.. Black cloth sure comes in handily, doesn't it.

I'd say it evokes the concepts "ideas," or "imagination," which ought to be a subset of "thoughts."
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TheMightyZogTheMightyZog Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Excellent - I'd say it was just right in all respects - well done
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    My 6yo son is over the moon about this shot! rolleyes1.gif He's a Lego fanatic and Star Wars fan as well. I think you've got a keeper! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Figure I'll do this all in one post....
    leaforte wrote:
    I think it's excellent. Well done.clap.gif
    Thank you very much.
    HoofClix wrote:
    Pretty darn good, I say.. Black cloth sure comes in handily, doesn't it.

I'd say it evokes the concepts "ideas," or "imagination," which ought to be a subset of "thoughts."

I love my black (and my white for that matter) muslins. I love them for the flexibility of what you can do later with them. I love that when you use them for portraits that you can focus on the people in them and not the background.

Thank you for commenting on the link to the theme. I was hoping it would be right on for it. My son has decided that it really could fit either one..thoughts with the "imagination" idea, and action, because he thinks the flying/fighting space ships are pretty cool. He was thrilled to see this finished shot this morning.
    Excellent - I'd say it was just right in all respects - well done

Thank you so very much.
    Elaine wrote:
    My 6yo son is over the moon about this shot! rolleyes1.gif He's a Lego fanatic and Star Wars fan as well. I think you've got a keeper! thumb.gif

Is anyone ever too old to love Legos and Star Wars? My son's talked for a while now about wanting an outer space room. I guess this will just have to get printed pretty big and hang in there.

Thank you all for the feedback. I was playing with some other ideas for this round, but this one really grabbed me. My son had fun holding the ships in the right position for me, and tossing the legos so that we could have some "space junk" floating around. The shot of him playing with the legos was completely unposed, it was simply him playing...I think that's what I love about it......you can see his imagination at work...in space. (along with the space ship sounds you can tell he's making with his mouth...hehe)
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Fabulous take on the theme, and great execution and PS work! I like it.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    to your original question (too much?)

Not at all - It captures the intent and theme very well
    It brings me back to my own childhood obsession with Lego.