LPS19 - what do you guys think?

pankajasundipankajasundi Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited December 30, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I cant decide which one suits this theme the best.. Could use some help :)

Thanks
Pankaj

Getting ready for New Year's party!
237240741-M.jpg

Sound of the soul
237240783-M.jpg

Tiger in the making?
237248430-M.jpg

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I like the second one. It has a more personal feel than the other two. He might be playing an instrument or he could be lost in serious thought after playing the last note.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    I agree that the second is the strongest, however, I think it needs some more pp. The colors in the background are distracting, so I would mute those for a start.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Number 2 is pretty cool of the 3 (IMO). Although, I might suggest to do some PPW with your levels and give your guy in the front more pop.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • pankajasundipankajasundi Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Emily,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am learning how to! So will make all attempts to figure out how to mute the background.

/Pankaj
    I agree that the second is the strongest, however, I think it needs some more pp. The colors in the background are distracting, so I would mute those for a start.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    edited December 30, 2007
    Thanks for the comments. Beginner question, what is PPW?
    /Pankaj
    Tentacion wrote:
    Number 2 is pretty cool of the 3 (IMO). Although, I might suggest to do some PPW with your levels and give your guy in the front more pop.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Was going to give my opinion when I saw your extra post.. I think Donna means "Post-Processing-Work" by PPW, but Donna, if I'm wrong, let us know..

On your post, I think the second one might work for "thoughts," if you do anything to make the distracting background get less distracting in comparison, including reshooting it or something similar with a less distracting background...

The third one could work for "action," well timed basically, but in the image I see the distance in focus, while the agent of the action isn't in focus.. If you could reshoot this, you might need to prefocus on the golfer and press the focus lock...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited December 30, 2007
    ok, makes a lot of sense. Will see if the musicians are still hanging out in the mall today! The golfer, I think I can try and capture that again just for learning purposes....

Thanks for all the clarifications and comments. Helps a lot.

/P
    HoofClix wrote:
    Was going to give my opinion when I saw your extra post.. I think Donna means "Post-Processing-Work" by PPW, but Donna, if I'm wrong, let us know..

On your post, I think the second one might work for "thoughts," if you do anything to make the distracting background get less distracting in comparison, including reshooting it or something similar with a less distracting background...

The third one could work for "action," well timed basically, but in the image I see the distance in focus, while the agent of the action isn't in focus.. If you could reshoot this, you might need to prefocus on the golfer and press the focus lock...
    edited December 30, 2007
    If you reshoot the piper, try to angle the shot so that something really dark is directly behind the head, and perhaps also behind the side of his head toward which he looks. The lit face and depth of field will make it pop naturally. It also seems that if you can catch him with eyes closed, or at least not so focused on the sheet music, it will look more like he has "thoughts."
    Mark
    edited December 30, 2007
    ok, will see what I can find in the mall...

HoofClix wrote:
    If you reshoot the piper, try to angle the shot so that something really dark is directly behind the head, and perhaps also behind the side of his head toward which he looks. The lit face and depth of field will make it pop naturally. It also seems that if you can catch him with eyes closed, or at least not so focused on the sheet music, it will look more like he has "thoughts."
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Emily,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am learning how to! So will make all attempts to figure out how to mute the background.

/Pankaj

You can do multilayering as a first try. To do the selective change, mute the background, and maintain the musician's image.

I would just stick with the musician subject instead of golf, there seems to be more thought towards music than golf. But that is my personal opinion. haha!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
    edited December 30, 2007
    ...there seems to be more thought towards music than golf. But that is my personal opinion. haha!
    Good comments for him.

I think he' was going for the "Actions" side fo the theme with the golf image, BUT, golf is a game that requires a LOT of thought. One of my first ideas for Thoughts was to capture an image of a golfer standing next to his ball, club in hand, green or fairway in the distance, thinking about and assessing the situation. Still might even do it!
    Mark
    edited December 30, 2007
    Actually with the golfer, what I was trying to capture was the golfer striking the ball off the tee while I was crouched in front of him. It was too dangerous and decided to capture that shot from behind after a few balls zinged past my head!

/P

HoofClix wrote:
    Good comments for him.

I think he' was going for the "Actions" side fo the theme with the golf image, BUT, golf is a game that requires a LOT of thought. One of my first ideas for Thoughts was to capture an image of a golfer standing next to his ball, club in hand, green or fairway in the distance, thinking about and assessing the situation. Still might even do it!