Male Model Portfolio Shots

rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
edited January 5, 2008 in People
I really do think I have the absolute best clients - they're amazing, and most them end up becoming my friends and stay in touch!

It's just great and I love it! This shoot was a traveling shoot, I drove about 4 hours for this one, and it was amazing - I actually got to know him really well and consider him a good friend! He just graduated from College and is starting his career in Theatre and modeling. His dream is broadway (he sings quite well, trust me), so if any of you have any connections - PM me, I'd love to pass on some names to help him out! ; - ) He is so easy to be around and has the most contagious smile in the world, I swear.

Enjoy these images!!!:

Perrycopy.jpg

Perry-2copy.jpg

Perry-7copy.jpg

Perry-5copy.jpg

Perry-4copy.jpg

Perry-3copy.jpg

Perry-8copy.jpg

Perry-9copy.jpg

Perry-11copy.jpg

Perry-12copy.jpg

Perry-10copy.jpg

Perry-13copy.jpg

Perry-15copy.jpg

Thanks for looking!

- Ross

P.S. - as I've said before - the coloring isn't PERFECT like it is on my screen, because I still haven't figured out what Photobucket does each time to them to change the coloring slightly....?
www.rossfrazier.com
www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
Infiniti QX4

Comments

• mandamanda Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I like some of the bw close ups.

Looks like you had a good time.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Hey Ross! Not crazy about 1 and 2, but 3 and 4 are my fav. of the bunch!! Thanks for sharing, and have all the fun! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I think the first two are a bit clipped, but from there on things start looking good. Really good. I like the lighting too.
    rosselliot wrote:
    P.S. - as I've said before - the coloring isn't PERFECT like it is on my screen, because I still haven't figured out what Photobucket does each time to them to change the coloring slightly....?

Are you sure it's not a colorspace thing? I had a look at the full metadata in one of your images and it was saying sRGB (apparently in the camera and in Photoshop if I read that right). Just check the entire workflow from the camera to the embedded profile in the finished product. If you've got adobeRGB in there somewhere, that would explain it. Photosharing services tend to automatically 'convert' to sRGB.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    nice series.

those cap and gown pictures would make EXCELLENT stock photos! thumb.gif great expressions!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    The thing that I love so much about your photos, is that you don't just "take a photo of them" - you always grab a second of their life! You show their emotions ... and show us their personality! I love your photos. Excellent work!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Ross you never disappoint! I love the distinctive look all of your portraits have, and it's more than just the vintage look or the color or the vignette. I can't quite put my finger on it but I love it. The expressions you capture on your models is just superb. He goes from happy to intense to humorous to.... clap.gif

He is quite a handsome fellow, too. #7 woo! :whew
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    These are very good Ross. The color also looks fine with the exception of one or two where his ears are really red. The white balance in all of them is beautiful a nd nuetral. I couldn't help but notice the parade ground and clock tower in the gown shot. Is this LSU campus. If so, you were in my hometown, and I have done some portraits within 100 yards of where you were. It appears you were with your back to the Law building facing more or less west to the tower. If I am wrong, the same archetect must have planned that campus!
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are very good Ross. The color also looks fine with the exception of one or two where his ears are really red. The white balance in all of them is beautiful a nd nuetral. I couldn't help but notice the parade ground and clock tower in the gown shot. Is this LSU campus. If so, you were in my hometown, and I have done some portraits within 100 yards of where you were. It appears you were with your back to the Law building facing more or less west to the tower. If I am wrong, the same archetect must have planned that campus!

Hey Guys! Thank you so much! Y'all are beyond amazing!

and Jeffreaux, you're right! I was at LSU! I'm from North Louisiana so I had to drive down there for it, I love Batron Rouge! I actually have quite a bit of family down there, so next time I come down we might have to go on a shoot together!
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    really splendid shots. I love the lines in the "cap in the air" shot. Great composition. It might be even stronger if it were perfectly straight... I also really like the rim lighting in the last shot. I think #4 is my favorite - his eyes really draw your attention. Excellent work!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    rosselliot wrote:
    Hey Guys! Thank you so much! Y'all are beyond amazing!

and Jeffreaux, you're right! I was at LSU! I'm from North Louisiana so I had to drive down there for it, I love Batron Rouge! I actually have quite a bit of family down there, so next time I come down we might have to go on a shoot together!

Hey that sounds great. My work schedule is out of kilter with the rest of the world, but if it is possible, I would sure ;ike to hear from you next time you are here. Just send a PM in advance.

Again...very nice portrait work!!
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    It would have been nice to have a few more body shots . Nice images, the first for my taste a little too "cut off " :)

love the water scene !
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Wow, 3 & 4 are great!! clap.gif