daughter christmas portrait using 3x60watt

neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited December 31, 2007 in People
ok, I used what I have... no flash... just one of those 3 light stands you can get at target for $20 and 3x60w bulbs in it...lol... I think it turned out pretty good for $20 investment... I need a better non wrinkle backdrop though....... C&C welcomed
235910120-L.jpg

235911308-L.jpg

I'll throw this one in just for the heck of it... same light though
236235460-L.jpg

thanks for your input......

Comments

• JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    I think they look good. Nice to know you can experiment for $20! I agree with the background, but for what you were going for I think you hit it. I love 2 and 3 is really cute too, well of course 1 is adorable...you've got a cute kid! :D
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Great stuff. Cute baby. Now you need to work on white balance as the color cast is very yellow...
    Her eyes are very clear and sharp, gorgeous portrait. She is a keeper...
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    The good thing about using three light sources w/ the some color temp. is you can make easy adjustments to correct the white balance.
    As photocat said, adjust your white balance levels in whatever post processing software you have and try to get rid of that yellow cast.

*If you have an eyedropper tool for white point. Just select it, then click on the white butterfly in the red sweater as a start.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    This is great! Love your work here, my only thing is... second shot appears kind of "plasticky", baby's face. I know babies have nice and smooth skin, but this is appears a little too smooth? Is it just me? headscratch.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    thanks everyone... wow, white balance what is that... now I have something new to mess with... I use Cs3... but 90% of the time I use nikon viewer program for quick stuff.... I was thinking the exact same thing about the yellowishness and didnt know how to correct, didnt realize it was the white balance.....duh.... thanks for all your comments and help... also, I think were going to keep her...lol... she's a cutie, were bias of course... :D
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    Number 3 is the winner! Background is fine, lighting is nice and even, pose is good, expression is precious. What more could you want? Nice job.
    Scotty
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 31, 2007
    a cutie!-