• Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    or
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    I like the shot, but I'm unsure of the minimal quality.

The theme that seems to go through this challenge a lot has been texture shots. This shot shows great texture and light, but I think the large amount of texture, being it covers the whole shot, doesn't make it minimal in my opinion.

This challenge is very tough in understanding, so I may not know what the hell I'm talking about.:D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    lark wrote:
    or
    Hi lark, for me even tho it's minimalism I feel like I want to have some idea of what the subject is.. (thats just me mind you and I don't have a clue) to me this is great texture but it does'nt tell me anything.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    I kinda like the light, lark. But one of the tricky things about any shot is making it about something interesting. Reacting to a shot is such a personal thing, but I'd have to say that for me, the subject matter in this isn't terribly interesting, unless you can find a way to make it more exciting. Me, I'd be tempted to find another subject. 1drink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I kinda like the light, lark. But one of the tricky things about any shot is making it about something interesting. Reacting to a shot is such a personal thing, but I'd have to say that for me, the subject matter in this isn't terribly interesting, unless you can find a way to make it more exciting. Me, I'd be tempted to find another subject. 1drink.gif
    I agree, It's a cool texture, but I'm having trouble relating to the subject matter, and you need a focal point to anchor the shot.

hoping this was helpful -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    Thanks you guys! It'll make a nice background for something.....I'm in agreement...no excitement here....I'm in agreement

I'll look for another subject.

Many Thanks..............really!

Den
    den.smugmug.com