Feel like lending your opinion?

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited January 4, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sometimes working on an image you get to a point that you do not see the good or bad in the big picture. It has reached that point for me and I'm afraid that I may have gotten to point that if I continue I will just ruin it.

If you could take a couple minutes out of your pre-new year day to comment on which version you prefer that would be great, assuming of course we have a heavy opinion of one side or the other - sometimes things like this go 50/50 :wink

P.S. This is not a composite

morning mudras

More Natural - (currently posted)
237958535-M.jpg

Some mystery etc...
237963102-M.jpg

Thanks a bunch
and have a Happy new year!

Sean

Comments

• zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    I like the skin/face in the first one better.

When do I get my opinion back? And is there any interest on the loan? If so, good rates? I mean, I guess I've kinda given it to you anyway... just curious :D
    Travis
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    zweiblumen wrote:
    I like the skin/face in the first one better.

When do I get my opinion back? And is there any interest on the loan? If so, good rates? I mean, I guess I've kinda given it to you anyway... just curious :D

Thanks zweiblumen, I'll release all captured opinions sometime next year during a full moon so they can frolic and maybe meet new opinions. So its all for a good cause mwink.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    It took me a minute or two to notice that these were the same image just PP'd a bit differently. I saved them to a folder, opened in Nikon View, and flipped back and forth between them. I decided that I like the second one better because the person seems better lit from the rest of the image in the second.

I do, however, seriously question if it would have been an issue on Judgement Day.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    sherstone wrote:
    Thanks zweiblumen, I'll release all captured opinions sometime next year during a full moon so they can frolic and maybe meet new opinions. So its all for a good cause mwink.gif

As long as it's for a good cause, I'm down with it :D Make sure you get pictures of the frolicking. It should be memorable! rolleyes1.gif
    Travis
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    i like the 2nd version most
    but i can see difference at close inspection only headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    I like number 2.

Why you ask? Ok it is kinda of a spiritual thing the man is doing and the PPW that you gave it, almost makes it seem like he is calling the "waters" and it is moving towards him...Yeah what can I say..I like all the Greek and Roman pictures - Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hercules, etc...lol...

I like the lighting better on the facial area too in the 2nd one.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    #2 :d
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    #2 for me as well
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
    edited December 31, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    I like number 2.

Why you ask? Ok it is kinda of a spiritual thing the man is doing and the PPW that you gave it, almost makes it seem like he is calling the "waters" and it is moving towards him...Yeah what can I say..I like all the Greek and Roman pictures - Zeus, Poseidon, Athena, Hercules, etc...lol...

I like the lighting better on the facial area too in the 2nd one.

Indeed, Tentacion the idea of power and control over nature was very prominent in my design around this image. The treatment that I gave the second one was designed to not only push the viewer towards the subject but suggest the power behind the mudras.

Thank you HoofClix, Awais, Greensquared and cjmchch for taking the time to look and help me in my quest for opinion interaction by the light of a full moon. :D
  • TunaTuna Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    I like the 2nd one best. The look of mysticism really fits well with the blur from the movement of his hands. thumb.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Numero dos para me. That added bit of mystery gives me a little more to chew on while contemplating this image. Very nicely done. thumb.gif
    edited January 3, 2008
    Thanks Tuna and Llywellyn

I ended up doing a "re-mix" mixture of both and adding a few final tweaks, a little dodging a little burning etc...

It's been a fun one but I have to put it to rest sometime.:D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Yep
    I think you got it. An unusual photo for sure but it is good thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited January 3, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    I think you got it. An unusual photo for sure but it is good thumb.gif

Thanks Swartzy!
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Like number 2. Great composition and expression. Good luck!
    edited January 4, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Like number 2. Great composition and expression. Good luck!

Thanks shatch!