Download Entire Album at once?

thewahlathewahla Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
THE PROBLEM: Hi, ive been a smugmug user for a couple of years and ive come to sort of a problem. I love it but the problem is I have family in different parts of the world where interent isnt avaliable so there isnt a way to email them my photos. I really want to send them photos because theve been asking for them for so long and the only way to send it to them is through snail mail or delivery when someone visits them.

THE QUESTION: I was wondering is there any possible way to download an entire album at once so i can burn it to a cd? I know you can download individual photos but some albums have a couple of hundred photos and that takes wayyyyy tooo lonngggg.

Any help or answers would be great thanks.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited December 31, 2007
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Album Fetcher is a very good app...easy to use. It is designed to do exactly what you requested...allow YOU to download your Smugmug galleries onto your local drive so you can burn a disc if that's your goal.

Another alternative (to Album Fetcher) for downloading entire galleries is FriendSync (free download from blackbonsai.com at:
    http://www.blackbonsai.co.uk/?n=portfolio_view&pid=37

The beauty of this little app is that your distant friends and relatives (those that have internet access, anyway) can load it on their own local drive in a matter of seconds, and can pull down an entire gallery from your smugmug library themselves!!! (no need for you to burn a disc and snail mail it half way around the world.)

You needn't provide your own administrative site password to anyone. As long as your gallery is public, and the exact URL (without any of the #nnnn or page stuff after the actual gallery number) is entered, it's a snap to use, and it's fast.

If your gallery is password-protected, your family/friends would need to enter the gallery password prior to download.

For your "Non-Internet" family and friends, either Album Fetcher or FriendSync can be used by YOU very efficiently.

Happy downloading.