bus and barn-

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 1, 2008 in Landscapes
237998779-L.jpg

I guess you could figure that out, but I had to put in a title-

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Superb processing as usual. Want that skills so bad :)

I just like that pic.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    I love your sense of humor, George lol3.gif

Although the leaves are bare, it seems like it should be a very hot day. Maybe it's the sunlight or the idea that such dirt roads need to always been sweltering and accompanied by cicada buzzing.

This takes me to another era.

Great!! thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 31, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    Superb processing as usual. Want that skills so bad :)

I just like that pic.

thanks much arvan-
    edited December 31, 2007
    schmoo wrote:

Although the leaves are bare, it seems like it should be a very hot day. Maybe it's the sunlight or the idea that such dirt roads need to always been sweltering and accompanied by cicada buzzing.

Great!! thumb.gif

cicadas have long since quit buzzing and the day was nice, cold in the shadows-

but your description sure does fit it-

it's special here when it's late in the afternoon, the heat has died down from the day, and from the summer, and the cicadas start their racket-

it means football time here, high school and college, and just to be in that zone is a comforting thing-

oh well-
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

Great!! thumb.gif

Geez Schmoo, The things you write are every bit as neat as the photo!!

Another great shot George. I like the processing on this one better than the one that also held your shadow. This has a bit more color. Very nice.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    gefillmore wrote:
    cicadas have long since quit buzzing and the day was nice, cold in the shadows-

but your description sure does fit it-

it's special here when it's late in the afternoon, the heat has died down from the day, and from the summer, and the cicadas start their racket-

it means football time here, high school and college, and just to be in that zone is a comforting thing-

oh well-

Speaking of football......
    Looks like the SEC is 4 and oh for bowl season so far. I hope they go undefeated!!! There have been some very good games played up to this point, but tommorrow is a big day.clap.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    An interesting juxtaposition.
    Growing with Dgrin

edited January 1, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Speaking of football......
    Looks like the SEC is 4 and oh for bowl season so far. I hope they go undefeated!!! There have been some very good games played up to this point, but tommorrow is a big day.clap.gif

hawaii/georgia-

ut/wisconsin-

mizzou/arkansas-

michigan/florida-

lsu/osu next week

nine sec teams-
    edited January 1, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    An interesting juxtaposition.

thanks much for the comment!-

finding scenes like this is not so unusual in east tennessee-
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    finding scenes like this is not so unusual in east tennessee-[/QUOTE]

I wondered where you were... Love the shot. I am looking through the old FSA photographs in the Library of Congres, this barn would fit right in.
    For people who like barns and such, there is a magical collection of color photographs in that library.
    I have been looking at them for a couple of years now, and still get moved by the work of those photographers. GE, you should have been one of them...

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html
    edited January 1, 2008
    photocat wrote:
    finding scenes like this is not so unusual in east tennessee-

I wondered where you were... Love the shot. I am looking through the old FSA photographs in the Library of Congres, this barn would fit right in.
    For people who like barns and such, there is a magical collection of color photographs in that library.
    I have been looking at them for a couple of years now, and still get moved by the work of those photographers. GE, you should have been one of them...

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html[/QUOTE]

thanks for looking, cat-

those photographers were something else; their perseverance, their fortitude, seeing and photographing scenes of the destitute.....