Options

LIGHTROOM Help needed.....sort of

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited January 6, 2008 in Finishing School
Is there a way to NOT have lightroom automatically start up when a memory card is put into a reader??

This really bugs me as I have a system for archiving my raw files before I take them into Lightroom for conversion.....I prefer to just drag my shots from the card to a file on my hard drive where they are archived by date taken until I move them into subject files (Nature, Landscape etc etc).

This was discussed before but I could not find the thread.
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    You have two options if you're on a PC. For Macs, I don't know...
    1. Down in your system tray (lower right of screen), there will be an icon with a little camera and a green down-pointing arrow. (You may have to click the sideways arrow to expand your tray if the icon is hidden). Right-click on the icon and select "Close" or "Exit" or whatever the word is. This would have to be done every time you boot up your PC.
    2. Go to Start->Run and type msconfig. Under the Startup tab, find the entry for Adobe Photo Downloader Component (sometimes called apdproxy.exe). Uncheck the box for that entry and click Apply. Click OK. Restart. This will "stick" (through reboots and all) until the next time you update an Adobe product.
    Happy shooting!
  • Options
    David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Are you on a mac?
    If so, uncheck the box in Lightroom>Preferences>Import>Show import dialog when a memory card is detected.

That should do it!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    wellman wrote:
    You have two options if you're on a PC. For Macs, I don't know...
    1. Down in your system tray (lower right of screen), there will be an icon with a little camera and a green down-pointing arrow. (You may have to click the sideways arrow to expand your tray if the icon is hidden). Right-click on the icon and select "Close" or "Exit" or whatever the word is. This would have to be done every time you boot up your PC.
    2. Go to Start->Run and type msconfig. Under the Startup tab, find the entry for Adobe Photo Downloader Component (sometimes called apdproxy.exe). Uncheck the box for that entry and click Apply. Click OK. Restart. This will "stick" (through reboots and all) until the next time you update an Adobe product.
    Happy shooting!

nOW i KNOW WHY ALL OF A SUDden it was opening up eveytime I wanted to archive new pics...I had downloaded the new version of LR that I can't use until I get a new mother of a board or new comp:D

Gotta figure out haow to book mark this thread forthe next time

A great many thanxbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    nOW i KNOW WHY ALL OF A SUDden it was opening up eveytime I wanted to archive new pics...I had downloaded the new version of LR that I can't use until I get a new mother of a board or new comp:D

Gotta figure out haow to book mark this thread forthe next time

A great many thanxbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

No problem. Nice for me to actually be able to answer a question. :D