Force SmugMug style for keyword search results

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited January 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
There appears to have been a change whereby a keyword look-up on my site now results in a Slideshow of the selected images. However I want this to create a SmugMug-style gallery of the search results, as was always the case previously.

Was this changed recently? How can I force a SmugMug style, as I do for normal galleries?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    There appears to have been a change whereby a keyword look-up on my site now results in a Slideshow of the selected images. However I want this to create a SmugMug-style gallery of the search results, as was always the case previously.

Was this changed recently? How can I force a SmugMug style, as I do for normal galleries?
    Not a change,Ross. You were cookie'd for slideshow by last visiting a slideshow gallery before your keyword gallery.

Clear your cookies for SmugMug, or go to a fresh browser, and go here:

http://www.rosscollins.smugmug.com/keyword/all+blacks#162743407
    Happy New Year!

thumb.gif
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Not a change,Ross. You were cookie'd for slideshow by last visiting a slideshow gallery before your keyword gallery.

Happy New Year! thumb.gif
    Thanks Andy, and the same to you! Is it 1 January there already? ne_nau.gif

I'm still not entirely clear, though. Would a visitor also get a slideshow (or other non-SmugMug style) view if that was the style they last used? If so, is there nothing I can do to force the SmugMug style as I have done for other galleries?

If this is the case, apart from not being able to fully control my visitor's experience, I would need to customise all other styles consistent with that I have set up for SmugMug. OMG, what a start that would be to 2008! Tell me it isn't so! rolleyes1.gif
    edited January 1, 2008
    Thanks Andy, and the same to you! Is it 1 January there already? ne_nau.gif

I'm still not entirely clear, though. Would a visitor also get a slideshow (or other non-SmugMug style) view if that was the style they last used? If so, is there nothing I can do to force the SmugMug style as I have done for other galleries?

If this is the case, apart from not being able to fully control my visitor's experience, I would need to customise all other styles consistent with that I have set up for SmugMug. OMG, what a start that would be to 2008! Tell me it isn't so! rolleyes1.gif
    I'm not sure what you mean - you can force your galleries to SmugMug - then all they'll see on your site is that style - does that help?

YEP - the ball just dropped and now so am I lol3.gif
    edited January 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I'm not sure what you mean - you can force your galleries to SmugMug - then all they'll see on your site is that style - does that help?

YEP - the ball just dropped and now so am I lol3.gif
    Going nuts in Times Square are they? wings.gif

What I mean is that if someone has been looking at a Slideshow gallery somewhere, comes into my site and hits my keyword menu option, they will see the selected images as a slideshow and there's nothing I can do about it - right? headscratch.gif

BTW, there's a great day on its way! thumb.gif
    edited January 1, 2008
    What I mean is that if someone has been looking at a Slideshow gallery somewhere, comes into my site and hits my keyword menu option, they will see the selected images as a slideshow and there's nothing I can do about it - right? headscratch.gif
    There could be some Javascript Trickery - post in the customizing forum and see :)
    edited January 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    There could be some Javascript Trickery - post in the customizing forum and see :)
    Will do - thanks!