B&W Cityscape, Portland, OR

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited January 2, 2008 in Landscapes
Dear Friends:

I sold my D40 and am back using the D70. What a difference. I like the D70, but after using the D40 I can certainly tell the difference in "feel" (and weight). I thought the LCD size would not be so dramatic... it has certainly made a difference. In any case, here is a shot of part of a Portland cityscape. Taken in color with the D70, in RAW, opened with Adobe Lightroom and edited with Photoshop CS3. The shot has very little post-processing, but does have a light sepia filter applied.

It is dark, but I love that dark look here.

238152500-XL.jpg

EXIF: Nikon D70, ISO 200, 1/640, f/10, 18mm, 18-70mm AF-S, Handheld, Manual, No Flash

Any C&C greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year to All,

gassho,

Nacho :D
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Was it dark? Or do you mean just the exposure is dark? It looks like you are exposed for the sky -- I find it tough to balance shots like this. I like the shot, but I agree with you; it's a little dark :D
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    'Tis a tad dark. I like the contrast of the wrought iron and the leafless tree branches.
    Growing with Dgrin

• NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    A Re-Do a bit less Dark
    Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, it was dark, but I probably could have post-processed a bit better. Here's another try, although not a very dramatic change:

238199677-XL.jpg

Easier to see the bridge on the right side, and the cityscape across the water.

gassho,

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Nacho, I do like the second one better! It's still got a lot of contrast in the silhouettes but it's less like I just stepped out of a dark building and am waiting for my eyes to adjust. thumb.gif