Options

multi exposure question? help

neastguyneastguy Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited January 1, 2008 in Technique
I would like to do a b&W photo of my daugher..

set the cam on a tripod and not move it.

have 3 pics in one and blend them all together..

a left side profile and straight head shot and a right profile from left to right..

is there an easy way in cs3 to combine all these pics together w/layers without having to erase backgrounds and such.... sorry if this has been discussed at length, I did a search and could come up with anything.... thanks..

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    Neastguy,

The simplest way is to have a plain background, that has no detail, and is a different color than skin and any clothing. Bright white, deep black, or green or blue screen can all be used. After you have the

You will probably have to do a little masking, but if you are comfortable layers that should be pretty easy. Shoot all three frames, and then layer them on a new image layer, and blend them into the new image. If you are familiar with the Blend If command, that may make it easier also. Or the Color Select command if shot with a blue or green screen background. After you have all three portaits in a single image, then convert to B&W. Not before.

If you shoot in B&W, or convert to B&W before compositing, you give up the ability to select on the basis of color, and then you will be having to select by using the Pen tool or the Magnetic lasso or something. Get your selections done first in color, finish your composite image, then convert to color would be my suggestion.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin