SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 2, 2008 in Landscapes
238308642-L.jpg

Comments

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Wow, very surreal...like it's out of your dreams. thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Mmmm... interesting, George. Very interesting. Compositionally, I like it a lot. I would nearly display it in the house. Just that what it is a picture of I don't find much compelling, and the very good compositional elements it contains neither much compelling. Surface is beautiful.
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    JenW wrote:
    Wow, very surreal...like it's out of your dreams. thumb.gif

thanks jen-

re dreams-

it 'tis!-

'it's not what you see, it's what you feel'-
    edited January 1, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Mmmm... interesting, George. Very interesting. Compositionally, I like it a lot. I would nearly display it in the house. Just that what it is a picture of I don't find much compelling, and the very good compositional elements it contains neither much compelling. Surface is beautiful.

thanks neil!-

just for the heck of it, I'm going to post a copy of the original raw file-

ps subject is definitely more of a personal interest-

this is a part of cherokee lake which has been drawn down quite a bit due to drought-

and always this way in winter-

just a part of the scenery of the area I so dearly love-
    edited January 1, 2008
    copy of raw file, warts and all-

238407471-L.jpg
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    I would prefer the original raw.

Nice lightning and that wideangle distorsion is just superb.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Awesome stuff George - I really like the treatment you gave it.
    What I like the most is how the texture in the foreground curves towards you.

HNY btw.
    edited January 2, 2008
    sherstone wrote:
    Awesome stuff George - I really like the treatment you gave it.
    What I like the most is how the texture in the foreground curves towards you.

HNY btw.

thanks much sean-
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Thanks for the RAW, George. It helps a lot to interpret what is a very intriguing shot. I love the RAW, but I also think you have added something very nice and different in your version of it. A problem with the version is that distance cues are weakened, so that the tree looks closer than it really is and so smaller and less assertive. The whole image suffers from less impact, a loss which is aggravated by the cropping of the very beautiful miniature waterscape mid right.

I don't see how you can go further with this particular take. I think you could profit greatly from a revisit. Once again I offer the same ol' advice of finding the abstract (compositional elements) in the viewinder. Your version here finds such elements post take, which is quite legitimate, but unfortunately in this case at some cost, as I have described.
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited January 2, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Thanks for the RAW, George. It helps a lot to interpret what is a very intriguing shot. I love the RAW, but I also think you have added something very nice and different in your version of it. A problem with the version is that distance cues are weakened, so that the tree looks closer than it really is and so smaller and less assertive. The whole image suffers from less impact, a loss which is aggravated by the cropping of the very beautiful miniature waterscape mid right.

I don't see how you can go further with this particular take. I think you could profit greatly from a revisit. Once again I offer the same ol' advice of finding the abstract (compositional elements) in the viewinder. Your version here finds such elements post take, which is quite legitimate, but unfortunately in this case at some cost, as I have described.

thanks much neil-

being that it's just a couple miles from me, I might give it a shot-