Girl and her camera

ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
edited January 3, 2008 in People
I took few shots of this little girl, her name is Sidney, and she got her first digital camera for Xmas. Boy, she was very determined to get a lot of pictures. She spent whole day doing just that!!
Lots of questions from her, a lot of interest and a lot of seriousness about the camera LOL. I saw future photog in the making! :thumb She is only 5!

237762568-M-3.jpg

237761930-M-3.jpg

237778252-M-3.jpg

237777387-M-3.jpg
Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Too Cute....

The last one is a winner.....the joy on her face of achieving that "just right" composition!!!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    These are great! Isn't it fun to watch a little kid learning how to use a camera? Digital is so nice for this purpose...it can be such a teaching tool, for all ages! Thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Very cute!! Digital cameras are so much fun for kids. Remember when we were kids and had Polaroids? rolleyes1.gif
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Wonderful captures here......I am so excited when I see children excited about photography. It is such a wonderful hobby and a great thing for kids to spend time with as opposed to video games or the mall.

I have my 5 year old already taking a lot of photos as well and my two year old will be presented with the opportunity as well in a year or so.

Thanks for posting these - they put a smile on my face.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    I had an instamatic! :D Cute pics, really shows her joy.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    when is she going to start posting?-

neat and cute!-
  • HindsightHindsight Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Aww! All I could think of was that if I gave my 4 yr old (boy) that camera it wouldn't last 20 minutes.
    My Gear: Nikon D300, D200, D100, 80-200 f2.8, DVX100B
    regular site
    oo
    smug site
  • themittythemitty Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    What a great expression...
    Love the last one Marina - great to see the joyful expression on her face. One suggestion I'd have though is to crop it just a bit tighter, to lose some of the dead space above her head, and bring just a bit more focus onto her.
  • rwdfresnorwdfresno Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    i got my daughter who is almost 5 a camera for Christmas. She is always so facinated by my cameras and would always "steal" mom's camera out of her purse and snap some shots while we were not looking. Sometimes some extra pitures of unknown origin end up on our camera's of thinks like Polly Pocket or Dora.

I had a rewards card from Office Depot for $60 and they had a Panasonic Lumix on sale for $75 so I got it for $15. I figured for that cheap if she breaks it then oh well. She actually is doing a good job taking care of it. The biggest hurdle we are trying to get over is her hand covering the flash.

Ryan
    Ryan Davis
    my flickr
  • harryb007harryb007 Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Very Nice
    The 3rd and 4th are my favorites. She looks like she belongs behind the camera.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    That last one is really good. She seems to enjoy shooting quite alot - you should ask if you could post a couple of her piccies here. :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Thank you everyone for your awesome comments Laughing.gif. I hope her interest lasts for a good while. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Holy crap!! that is real cute!!

Reminds me of my nephew... takes my 30D when i am not looking! Darn 4 yr old!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Love the last shot, Marina!
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Thank you Glen, how did you venture in here Laughing.gif.

I really don't see this girl all that much. Her mom left her and her husband, and went elsewhere :cry
    I only see her once in a blue moon, so next time i see her, i will ask how her hobby is holding up. :D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
  • raptorcaptorraptorcaptor Registered Users Posts: 3,968 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Thank you Glen, how did you venture in here Laughing.gif.

I really don't see this girl all that much. Her mom left her and her husband, and went elsewhere :cry
    I only see her once in a blue moon, so next time i see her, i will ask how her hobby is holding up. :D

I think I got lost! rolleyes1.gif
    Glenn

My website | NANPA Member
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    That's how it starts
    I gave my twin granddaughters cameras last year for Xmas. They take photos every week. I remember using my mother's Kodak Brownie. It was so complicated that she would take the camera to the film dept for them to load the film which she thought was expensive! Then I was allowed to take ONE picture! headscratch.gif If mom could only see that I took 1000 photos at last week's party I shot.

Anyway, it's nice that you could "play" with her and show her something. Thanks for sharing those cute images.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    That last one sums it up
    Oh the joy of photography...look at that smile iloveyou.gif Fun stuff!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552