a look into the brighter future

LeonardoLeonardo Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited January 6, 2008 in People
Well, intent was to produce mood of old movie star pictures. On the other hand, I could say, this may be icon of soc-realistic style. I think it is pretty similar, depends on context, but now I'm twaddling.

I've found this PS technique for skin smoothing, in one handbook, and then applied it twice to make doll face effect.

Now, is this too plastic or posterized?

238392620-M.jpg

Regards :)

Comments

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    If you're going for natural, it's not quite there. It is doll-like though. Unfortunately her skin blends in quite a bit with the background, making her face look misshapen. Hope that helps.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • ~Jan~~Jan~ Registered Users Posts: 966 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Nice focus and detail on her eye. As for the skin--I think you are too middle-road there. It's too fake looking to look real, and not fake enough looking to be fake, if that makes any sense at all (I rarely do).
  • LeonardoLeonardo Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Thanks Jen and Jan, appreciate Your feedback!
    She's contented with adjustments I made, she rarely use any kind of makeup and I use to call her my plastic snowflake what she really is even without makeup. :))