Options

CS3 Tools help needed

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited January 1, 2008 in Finishing School
I just got CS3 and am trying to learn the new features. Lots of neat stuff, but they moved some things and its not intuitive as to ho to do things.

For example, I cannot find the fill or paint bucket tool. Where did it go?

Z
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    That's why keyboard shortcuts are so nice to learn. I don't even know where half the tools are in CS3 since I learned the shortcuts a while back.

I checked and the bucket tool is hiding under the gradient tool. "G"
    Couldn't find the fill button easily. But I know the shortcut is "shift+F5"

Read this when you have time. It's well worth the read and you'll find yourself saving time all over the place once you start utilizing shortcuts.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    Great link, John

I downloaded the pdf from here - http://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/shortcuts/index.html#pscs3

I agree that using Photoshop without Keyboard shortcuts, is like working with handcuffs on. Keyboard shortcuts rule!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Excellent, thanks. I was using the wrong tool for gradient, the rectangle tool looks very similar and I was pushing that.

I know a lot of the key strokes, but I have to admit, its kind of like playing the piano sometimes!
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited January 1, 2008
    I just try to learn and begin to use a new one every now and then.

But you're right, it is kind of like learning Morse code or something. I think all the shortcuts for LightRoom are different also. How convenient:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    Some are different. And I was pretty ticked about that. Part of Adobe's big campaign right now is to "Make Adobe disappear" meaning no matter what Adobe app you use. It will use the same shortucts. Have the same feel blah blah blah... They Did great in the CS area. But fell short in regards to lightroom. But they do call Lightroom "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom". Don't they?