Move an image/gallery to a different category does the ID stay the same?

BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
edited January 2, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Howdy-

I am contemplating cleaning up some of my SmugMug category & subcategory assignments. Yup, I admit it, I did not think ahead when selecting categories. So my questions (and they are pretty simply but a search did not reveal my questions with answers)

1) If I move a gallery to a different category, does the gallery ID stay the same? The use is that I might move something but want links to the gallery to still work.

2) If I move an image from one gallery to another, does the direct link to the image still work? I am thinking about Blog and Forum links I have made to pictures.

Thanks

oh yeah, Happy New Anum
-=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    The image # will not change, and all external links will still work thumb.gif
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Howdy-

I am contemplating cleaning up some of my SmugMug category & subcategory assignments. Yup, I admit it, I did not think ahead when selecting categories. So my questions (and they are pretty simply but a search did not reveal my questions with answers)

1) If I move a gallery to a different category, does the gallery ID stay the same? The use is that I might move something but want links to the gallery to still work.

2) If I move an image from one gallery to another, does the direct link to the image still work? I am thinking about Blog and Forum links I have made to pictures.

Thanks

oh yeah, Happy New Anum
    Both will still work.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    Thanks.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact