LPS19 Pyro's

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited January 3, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
>> new Post
OK so I reworked it, and I'm much happier with the result. Don't have a title yet, there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what he's thinking about lol =c)

Edit: came up with the title:
Inscrutable Expression

MurderOnMyMind3.jpg

>>old post
What do you guys think? I dunno if the brushes are too much but i wanted to experiment.

1. Evil Glare
EvilGlare.jpg

2. Murder on my mind
MurderOnMyMind.jpg

2. Murder on my mind (version w slight outline)
MurderOnMyMind2.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    For me his head just seems to be floating in space, maybe that's what you were going for I don't know. Perhaps some sort of backlighting to outline his body. Just my opinion. As far as appearance, I think it works. Just would like to see more of an outline.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    imax wrote:
    For me his head just seems to be floating in space, maybe that's what you were going for I don't know. Perhaps some sort of backlighting to outline his body. Just my opinion. As far as appearance, I think it works. Just would like to see more of an outline.

Yeah, i've though of that, i'll try to figure something out with that, maybe dodge the outline.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    I really like the expression and being able to see the outline in the third version. thumb.gif And I admire the very cool PS work, but I find it too distracting from the actual photo portion of the image. What does the outline version look like without the PS thought splatter?

Edited to add: I just noticed the lighting "pop" you added on the face in the third version. Superb!
    edited January 3, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I really like the expression and being able to see the outline in the third version. thumb.gif And I admire the very cool PS work, but I find it too distracting from the actual photo portion of the image. What does the outline version look like without the PS thought splatter?

Edited to add: I just noticed the lighting "pop" you added on the face in the third version. Superb!

If I have time I'm going to take the original and process it again, and pay more attention to the background and how it contrasts with the clothing.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Most definitely number three - I agree with imax, a little more definition on the outline would help.

Neat Idea. I like the grunge balloon.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    my humble opinion...
    i love the look, but that "look" looks like a perplexed thought not a evil look....and the skull does nothing for me....
    just a thought.....what about an " einstein quote " in that thought balloon?
    Aaron Nelson
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    I agree with those who thinkg the expression looks more perplexed than diabolical, but I'd say it does represent a thought of some kind. Perhaps you could put in some other art to represent what's on his mind... like.. "Are you stupid?" That's what the expression says to me. Ialso don't think it works as well in total blackness...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited January 3, 2008
    Thanx for feedback guys. Posted a new one =c)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Youzers
    He's got that John Belushie (sp?) look. Creepy. Not sure if he's thinking of something or just has that look??? Very interesting pp. Don't know if I can help you with this one Pyro as I'm hiding under the coversmwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Thanx for feedback guys. Posted a new one =c)

Much better!
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    I really like the new version! But, somehow "evil" isn't what comes to my mind - perhaps because there's no snear on his lips.

"Mesmerist" or "Hypnotist" jumps to my mind - like - "you're feeling sleepy...very sleepy".

I was going to suggest trimming a little off the top & side but the more I look at it - I like the eye looking out at me from near the center of the frame. Once that eye grabs my attention its...hard...to...pull...a w a y! (whew)
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Oh, how funny! I was going to suggest "Mesmer" for a title. :D Looks like you've got two of us hypnotized already!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    thumb.gif
    I really like the new version! But, somehow "evil" isn't what comes to my mind - perhaps because there's no snear on his lips.

"Mesmerist" or "Hypnotist" jumps to my mind - like - "you're feeling sleepy...very sleepy".

I was going to suggest trimming a little off the top & side but the more I look at it - I like the eye looking out at me from near the center of the frame. Once that eye grabs my attention its...hard...to...pull...a w a y! (whew)
    Aaron Nelson
    edited January 3, 2008
    I think I have a perfect title
    Inscrutable Expression

:D
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    You captured a great expression. With your skills and the direction you are heading, I think you will put together the right piece and title. Good luck!