Friend uploads

javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Guys and gals,

My family takes and shares a lot of photos but we don't have a good system for sharing. It's all email. My brother and father are on Picasa, my sister is on Elements, and I use iPhoto and Smugmug.

What I'm wondering, is there a way to give my family who are not smugmug members the ability to upload into a private gallery?

What I want is this: to tell my family to go to a URL, and upload their pics there so we can all share and comment together. Maybe what I'm looking is the smugmug equivelent of the flickr community features.

Any ideas?

Comments

• aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    "Pro" users can set it up so people can email images directly to a gallery. That might work for you.

https://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones
  • apiercyapiercy Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    Pro users can also set a Guest Password. More info here.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 3, 2008
    "Pro" users can set it up so people can email images directly to a gallery. That might work for you.

https://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

Actually, any account type can do that.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    Actually, any account type can do that.

I tried it, and it works, but I don't like the fact that it puts it in an 'email' gallery. If I change the name of the gallery it creates a new one named email whenever someone uploads a new photo. Can we use the subject line or append something to the email address to have it use a different gallery?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    I tried it, and it works, but I don't like the fact that it puts it in an 'email' gallery. If I change the name of the gallery it creates a new one named email whenever someone uploads a new photo. Can we use the subject line or append something to the email address to have it use a different gallery?
    No, I'm sorry... but just make that gallery private, and then use the move tool to put the photos in any gallery you want thumb.gif