Saving RAW into jpg in CS2

RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
edited January 4, 2008 in Finishing School
Here;s how i do things.

I import photos from camera into Lightroom. DO some basic developing/adjusting. Once i get an image i like and want to add a signature to it, I "export" or more like "edit in CS2 with lightroom changes"... This brings out Cs2 where I add my signature (a layer in CS2)... from them i can't export back into lightroom so i'm forced to save the RAW file i just manipulated..... BUT.... it won't let me save a a .jpg.... i can save as tiff, raw, and others...

What's the best way to get a jpg out of my manipulated raw file from Cs2 ? :scratch

THANKS ! :thumb

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 3, 2008
    Raphy wrote:
    Here;s how i do things.

I import photos from camera into Lightroom. DO some basic developing/adjusting. Once i get an image i like and want to add a signature to it, I "export" or more like "edit in CS2 with lightroom changes"... This brings out Cs2 where I add my signature (a layer in CS2)... from them i can't export back into lightroom so i'm forced to save the RAW file i just manipulated..... BUT.... it won't let me save a a .jpg.... i can save as tiff, raw, and others...

What's the best way to get a jpg out of my manipulated raw file from Cs2 ? headscratch.gif

THANKS ! thumb.gif

If you convert the mode of the pic to 8 bits, you can save it as a JPG in CS2.
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2008
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    If you convert the mode of the pic to 8 bits, you can save it as a JPG in CS2.

OK i'll give that a shot... not sure how to convert it to 8 bits but i'll play around. Thanks for the info thumb.gif

EDIT: Looks like it's easy stuff... simply going to MODE and choosing 8-bit instead of 16.... thanks !
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Raphy wrote:
    Here;s how i do things.

What's the best way to get a jpg out of my manipulated raw file from Cs2 ? headscratch.gif

THANKS ! thumb.gif

Not sure what you mean by "can't export back to Lightroom" and maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. When you "edit in CS3 (at least) with lightroom changes", if you save whatever file you are working on in Photoshop (CS3 at least) it is automatically imported into Lightroom and stacked with the original raw file you were working on. At least on Vista with LR 1.3 and Photoshop CS3...

Now the info about .jpg remains the same.

Regards,

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown