Options

Crabby Photographers

2»

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    There's an idiot/jerk born every minute. I think you just have to smile because...with someone THAT uptight, you know she has to have a miserable life! I say let her live her pathetic existence she calls a life and just keep on smiling :) The getcha back side of me might also be inclined to say, screw her and her dimwitted husband as well! rolleyes1.gif

You did the right thing and were nice about it...then she chews your head off. Classic. She's got to be miserable so just move on and don't worry about it :) I guess you sort of have to feel sorry for overly insecure and paranoid people like her. Boy...what an existence she must have :D
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    banbro wrote:
    Wow... that was quick, looks like the elegala hiring.html has been yanked. Maybe this is why Bibi and hubby were so abbrasive... my guess would be that her document may have been infringed on more than once.

Regardless I agree her actions were uncalled for and she should go back and read her point #6 again and understand that it applies in everyday situations as well.

Elegala has simply remodeled their website. It's still there, just it's now HERE
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    wow look what I started rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2008
    RogersDA wrote:
    Earliest archived entries from the Internet Archive:

Elegala: September 2006

Bibi: August 2001

NICE... rolleyes1.gif
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    djspinner2kdjspinner2k Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    thats funny. I am a new photographer and until i came to this site, I never had any success on getting help of advice from other photographers in my area. I guess they all considered me competition. well all but one.

He told me, " I can tell you anything you want to know. I am not worried because I have been in the business for 20 years. I know my pictures are good. I am not worried about someone that is just starting out. and if I was I should reevaluate my own skills."
    EVGENY:D
    www.petrovphotography.com
    http://petrovphotography.smugmug.com

Canon 30D
    Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
    Canon 430EX Flash
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 23, 2008
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Wedding photographers can be jerks even after you hire them. Here is a link to a (now semi-defunct) blog story I wrote a while back, "When Wedding Photographers Attack"

http://jerseystoop.blogspot.com/2006/07/when-wedding-photographers-attack.html
    That story is a riot. rolleyes1.gifVery well done. thumb.gif

So it appears Bibiana has actually allowed two other sites to repost her article, along with the proper attribution.

http://www.wedalert.com/content/articles/when_the_wedding_over.asp

http://www.weddingdjsboston.com/articles/wedding-planning-wedding-photo.htm

I wonder why she lets some folks repost her content, and not others. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    must suck
    Imagine being the bride, all stressed out and then trying to make sure you pronounce your photographers name corectly.
    I had an incident here on dgrin where me and another photog had words, then I went to his site and saw some eloquent words, I Pm'ed him and asked if I could use his phrase and he replied "go for it" I guess that went a little differently.
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Support photography: Learn it, share it, advance it. Don't be stingy with it!
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    leaforte wrote:
    Support photography: Learn it, share it, advance it. Don't be stingy with it!
    Can I quote you on that?
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    Can I quote you on that?

As long as it doesn't cost me anything!

-Tony McGuiness
    Growing with Dgrin