lead singer black and white

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited March 16, 2005 in People
i'm assuming this is the right forum for this thread, if it's not i apologize.

the subject of the photo is jeremy, lead singer of the long island band sons of thunder. i was hoping i could get some advice or criticism on the picture. theres a tons of more pictures on binghott.com

17524379-M.jpg

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    The composition and use of negative space is effective. B&W might be OK here because of the distinctly garage band genre. But perhaps the B&W discision was based on bad color balance or some other imprefection in the original? In that case, perhaps the color can be saved.
    If not now, when?
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    thumb.gif Binghott, I think that's a terrific image. Nice job.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 16, 2005
    BH: I really like this shot. The exposure is creative, his pose is engaging. However, as a stand alone it's hard to determine what we're looking at or why? This could as easily be a fashion shot as a band shot, without others to complete a story. (This isn't wrong, just an observation)
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    BH: I really like this shot. The exposure is creative, his pose is engaging. However, as a stand alone it's hard to determine what we're looking at or why? This could as easily be a fashion shot as a band shot, without others to complete a story. (This isn't wrong, just an observation)
    or maybe just a microphone??
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    Great picture!
    Hi binghott!

I think your shot's really great for a rock singer shot, because it's so *cool* and *stylish* with all that contrast, the toning, and the very loose pose and composition.

All in all, I'm sure the band's really happy with your work, as you deserve it!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2005
    thank you so much for your compliments, i really appreciate it. the reason i went black and white was just for style purposes, the color version is very good on it's own, but this version just oozes coolness.

no you can't see it, but the microphone is in his hand behind his back and if you look very closely, you can see the wire in his other hand. i like the fact that it could be a fashion shot because it was taken during a concert, so it's both fashion and concert; the idea was to make him look cool. he was really happy with the original color picture, but absolutely floored when he saw this one.