Options

Free intro to Photography workshops at SmugMug HQ

2»

Comments

• Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 24, 2008
    Dang, I was stuck in Indiana. Any chance of getting a video capture or the link?

I am pretty sure it wasn't recorded last night unfortunately, sorry! There is a good chance we do more of these in the future, so that would be something to look into. But we were pretty focused on just making sure it went off without a hitch.
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 24, 2008
    Ben wrote:
    I am pretty sure it wasn't recorded last night unfortunately, sorry! There is a good chance we do more of these in the future, so that would be something to look into. But we were pretty focused on just making sure it went off without a hitch.

Pretty dark too. Too dark for a good video.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    marcsilbermarcsilber Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2008
    Hey sam can you sned me a few of your shots of the workshop to post onmy blog? Thanks Marc

246659405-M.jpg

Wound up with a full house too:

246716795-M.jpg

Sam[/quote]
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    Just a quick thank you to Smugmug, and Marc..........clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Sam
  • Options
    ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2008
    marcsilber wrote:
    Hey sam can you sned me a few of your shots of the workshop to post onmy blog? Thanks Marc

Hey Marc,
    Those are the only two that I have and you're welcome to use them

http://sams.smugmug.com/photos/246659405-O.jpg
    http://sams.smugmug.com/photos/246716795-O.jpg

Sam
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 26, 2008
    Hey Shizzy!

Thank your better half for the awesome cookies!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2008
    Lot's more to come...
    My pleasure! Photography is a life-long learning process; my goal is to provide an easy means of continually improving--with our Intro workshops, advanced workshops, data on my blog and --- the PhotoWalking series we're about to roll out. Stay tuned….
  • Options
    Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Marc Silber Workshop #2 (Wed Feb 13th @7pm)
    Success! On our first free workshop we had 50+ attendees, 5 SmugMug employees, a bunch of fellow SmugMuggers and many tasty homemade cookies (Thanks Beth!)

Second free Marc Silber workshop is going to be Feb 13th at 7pm, same place. thumb.gif (maybe same food, depends on how Beth is feeling)

This workshop is mainly going to be a review of what Marc went over from last time, with a few tweaks. We also are going to have the Master Baldy video this one so that we can share the love with those "left coasters".

Thanks,
    Markham
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited January 28, 2008
    Ham1 wrote:
    This workshop is mainly going to be a review of what Marc went over from last time, with a few tweaks. We also are going to have the Master Baldy video this one so that we can share the love with those "left coasters".

Thanks,
    Markham
    Thanks for the video plans - I'd love to attend, but it's a bit too far to travel for an evening adventure.

--- Denise
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Ham1 wrote:

Thanks,
    Markham

Cool! At least this biz trip I will be closer but still not able to attend. :( Anaheim.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2008
    We had a great time and we'll do it again.

Some of the points I'll cover are:

1. How to make friends with your camera.
    2. Tips on framing from Ansel Adams (and a very handy framing tool I'll hand out)
    3. Composition pointers from the ancient Greeks and Edward Weston.
    4. Getting in the “zone” to find shots.

And a bunch more. Click for more info and to RSVP

BTW, I have show opening this Saturday, Richard Sumner Gallery in Palo Alto reception 3:00-5:30, stop by and we'll talk. Click for more info