How to have thumbnail appear for protected galleries

Bob_ABob_A Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited January 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have several protected galleries and would like to have them appear on my site as "protected" so relatives just need to know a password. Currently I email them the link and a password.

Is there a way to do this with a Power User account?

Comments

• Bob_ABob_A Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 4, 2008
    Doh! I figured it out. The gallery has to be PUBLIC with a password. Easy.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited January 5, 2008
    You can also select a photo to be shown as the thumb in the category - so your category doesn't just show the lock and protected symbol for each gallery. Obviously you'll want to choose a photo (to be used as the gallery thumb) that you don't mind showing in public.

If you want to set a photo thumb for a protected gallery, go into the gallery, click the photo, then select "feature photo" from the photo tools dropdown.

--- Denise
  • Bob_ABob_A Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    You can also select a photo to be shown as the thumb in the category - so your category doesn't just show the lock and protected symbol for each gallery. Obviously you'll want to choose a photo (to be used as the gallery thumb) that you don't mind showing in public.

If you want to set a photo thumb for a protected gallery, go into the gallery, click the photo, then select "feature photo" from the photo tools dropdown.

--- Denise

Thanks Denise. In my case I had a bunch of featured photos that I removed so that only the lock thumbnail is shown. :)