Shizam slideshow not working? (in general, not a specific gallery

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
edited January 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Please move post if appropriate - I didn't put this in the existing Shizam show customization thread because it appears to be a general problem.

The Shizam slideshow seems to be missing in action this morning. If there is a splash specified then that photo shows. If there isn't, nothing shows. I can see the loading message in the status bar, then nothing.

Problem is not limited to my gallery, I also see the problem in Andy & Barb's sites. I didn't look further.

My example: http://www.denisegoldberg.com/gallery/4110500

A flash problem maybe? This worked on my computer last night, so if I'm missing something it's a new something...

Samples, just so you believe this happened (in case the problem nicely disappears):
239861481-M.jpg
239861465-M.jpg

--- Denise

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Hi Denise, your slideshow, and mine, and a few others I checked, are working fine here, for me, in IE6, IE7, Firefox and Safari, logged in or out.....

I'm heading out with my kids for the day, please holler to the help desk today if you see it continuing as a problem, but I cannot replicate :(

Thanks!
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Denise,

What browser are you seeing this in? Did you try to clear your browser cache?

If you need instructions on how to do that, let me know.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Looks good from here Denise...try the refresh
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited January 5, 2008
    Denise,

What browser are you seeing this in? Did you try to clear your browser cache?

If you need instructions on how to do that, let me know.

Sebastian
    Sebastian -
    Thanks for the quick response - sometimes I need to be reminded not to leave my mind behind!

After Andy replied, and knowing that I hadn't touched anything on my computer between last night when everything worked and this morning when it didn't, I decided to reload my computer's brains. I rebooted, and everything works fine now.

I should have cleared the browser cache + rebooted before I posted this!

In case it's something that happens to someone else and in case it matters, I was running IE7 on Vista when I had this problem.

--- Denise
  • gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    Sebastian -
    Thanks for the quick response - sometimes I need to be reminded not to leave my mind behind!

After Andy replied, and knowing that I hadn't touched anything on my computer between last night when everything worked and this morning when it didn't, I decided to reload my computer's brains. I rebooted, and everything works fine now.

I should have cleared the browser cache + rebooted before I posted this!

In case it's something that happens to someone else and in case it matters, I was running IE7 on Vista when I had this problem.

--- Denise

You should always turn off your PC when you are not using it. By booting it up, it feels refreshed and new wings.gif

Glad it is working now ;-)
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com