Trying Something New with B&W

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited January 7, 2008 in Landscapes
I love, love, love contrasty black and white. I also realize it isn't everyone's cup of tea. :D I've been reading up on different techniques lately, and I've enjoyed playing around with some of my recent shots to incorporate some of what I've learned. A few preliminary results are below.

Roil
239967407-L.jpg

Rooted
240006257-600x600.jpg

Flurry (yeah, you may have seen this over in the LPS 19 entry thread, but I worked hard on this image and am really happy with the results, so I'm going to flaunt it before something else shiny and new distracts me :D)
239617687-L.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumb

Comments

• Grizzle6Grizzle6 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2008
    That last image is spectacular. Nicely done!
    It's all ball bearings these days...

www.adambarkerphotography.com
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 5, 2008
    I like the last image a lot also.

Very nice,indeed!thumb.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Thanks Grizzle and Pathfinder! :D That last represents my first attempt at pano stitching, which I've discovered I find a real PITA.

Lord help me be patient when photographing Scotland landscapes...I have a feeling more stitching is in my future. deal.gif
  • spechtalspechtal Registered Users Posts: 344 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Wow, I love the last one too. It's stunning.clap.gif
    Angela
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Very nicethumb.gif The last image that is, as it has the depth telling the story of the large space. Your post work must be well done as it appears undetectableclap.gifclap
    The sky is too bight in the first two images.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Thank you, Angela and Marc! iloveyou.gif

I'll see what I can do about the sky in those first two. The sun was directly behind the clouds, which is what I wanted to capture, but my love for contrast may have popped the brights too brightly. :D

And special thanks for saying my postwork on the last appears undetectable. clap.gif I plan on doing a "behind the scenes" post on it in the contest area soon to demonstrate just how much went into that "snapshot."