My Daughter

carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited January 7, 2008 in People
Here is my daughter Cheyanne and I am trying to do a better BW conversion and a sepia conversion. C&C welcome and any suggestions will be much appreciated.

240145300-M.jpg

240145351-M.jpg

240145408-M.jpg

What do you think I can do different/Better?
Carl

Comments

• CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    carmel6942 wrote:
    Here is my daughter Cheyanne and I am trying to do a better BW conversion and a sepia conversion. C&C welcome and any suggestions will be much appreciated.

240145300-M.jpg

240145351-M.jpg

240145408-M.jpg

What do you think I can do different/Better?

Very lovely daughter! Flawless skin!
    What I'm not liking is the pose. I'm not sure if you're wanting comments on your conversions, the photograph itself or both.. so I'll comment on both:
    For the picture itself; I'm not a big fan of the pose that she's in... first I notice how dark her face is and all the light seems to be hitting her body on the side closest to the camera. Second, the position of her hand is giving me the 'huge hand' \ 'broken wrist' effect.. not necessarly the most flattering position. And as far as facial view goes, I would like to see more of her face, so just have her turn her chin more to your left, and let her head fall over.. It's comfortable, looks natural, and overall more flattering to the subject. Also with having what she's sitting on being black against the black backround, he seems to be sitting on air lol.. anyway
    As far as the conversion goes.. I don't see anything wrong with them, once again the only thing that throws me off is the lighting.. too dark on her face.
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Very lovely daughter! Flawless skin!
    What I'm not liking is the pose. I'm not sure if you're wanting comments on your conversions, the photograph itself or both..

Thank you and I will gladly accept both.

For the picture itself; I'm not a big fan of the pose that she's in... first I notice how dark her face is and all the light seems to be hitting her body on the side closest to the camera. Second, the position of her hand is giving me the 'huge hand' \ 'broken wrist' effect.. not necessarly the most flattering position. And as far as facial view goes, I would like to see more of her face, so just have her turn her chin more to your left, and let her head fall over.. It's comfortable, looks natural, and overall more flattering to the subject. Also with having what she's sitting on being black against the black backround, he seems to be sitting on air lol.. anyway
    As far as the conversion goes.. I don't see anything wrong with them, once again the only thing that throws me off is the lighting.. too dark on her face.

Thank you for your suggestions. I noticed the hand effect after the picture was taken but now that you mention the broken wrist part I really see it. She is actually sitting on an ugly little stool stuck under the background. My original idea is to put the picture under an oval matte for her grandmother. Maybe that will help with looking like she is sitting on air. Thank you for taking the time and giving me your suggestions. Guess that means I will have to go take some more pictures and try them out. :D
    Carl
  • Tackylady1Tackylady1 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    I like this photo, but I think it needs more brightness to it. Also her skirt seems to be stuck in her leg crease and I see the outline of her leg, instead of a flowing skirt away from her legs. Just something my eye went right to. By the way, her grandmother will love this photo.
  • carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Tackylady1 wrote:
    I like this photo, but I think it needs more brightness to it. Also her skirt seems to be stuck in her leg crease and I see the outline of her leg, instead of a flowing skirt away from her legs. Just something my eye went right to. By the way, her grandmother will love this photo.

Thank you. She is actually wearing goucho pants which might be why you see the leg crease so well pronounced.
    Carl