Links are all in slideshows

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited January 6, 2008 in SmugMug Support
http://www.smugmug.com/popular/today
I've got links to galleries and I clicked on browse popular photography page and the pages come up as slideshows only.

Is there any way to view them the old fashion way or select another way of viewing it?

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    OK, seems to only occur in Firefox and not in Internet Explorer.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Hmm funny,
    Yesterday there was a "style" menu on the upper right that was missing, now it's back up, so clicked it back to smugmug and all is well.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    Hmm funny,
    Yesterday there was a "style" menu on the upper right that was missing, now it's back up, so clicked it back to smugmug and all is well.

Smugmug has a habit (that I personally find annoying) of remembering the last view you were in and then trying to use that style for all user-controlled views you visit. Thus when you set it back to Smugmug, you reset what it remembered to Smugmug and that's what it starts using everywhere again.

It was probably an idea that different viewers would want to look at all galleries in a particular view and they wanted to try to remember what that view was for each user. For me, it doesn't ever work that way and slideshow view (even though I use it occasionally) is never one that I would want Smugmug to remember, nor is critique or journal.

I can slightly understand the logic for remembering whether you favor the Smugmug view or traditional or all-thumbs, but the others should be left out of the logic IMO.

What I wish I could set for my galleries is the "starting and recommended view", yet still allow the viewer to change the view for that particular gallery for that particular viewing session only. I have some galleries that I want to start in Journal because I've nicely annotated them and that shows off the annotations, but I don't want to lock them into Journal and I don't want any other galleries they go to to get shown in Journal.

Anyway, glad you figured it out.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question