Find the croc!

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited January 7, 2008 in Landscapes

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    I dont see any croc's, but I do see a nice alligator!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Zanotti wrote:
    I dont see any croc's, but I do see a nice alligator!

Z

OOPS, but then I told you that I am a city girl... I don't know the difference between a croc and an alligator. They both look the same to me. So these are alligators????headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif
    edited January 6, 2008
    I looked at your blog - very nice!

Since you were in Florida, it was most probably an alligator. That looks like a pretty nice sized one as well.

It souned like you had a great trip. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the USA.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Z, It could be either.. we have both crocs and alligators down here, especially in the everglades believe it or not.

Great photo, I too think its an alligator though
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*
    Gear: Canon Rebel XTi 18-55mm & 75-300mm

edited January 6, 2008
    I like to see them, too!

145622515-L-1.jpg

Z
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Alligator
    ABCaptures wrote:
    Z, It could be either.. we have both crocs and alligators down here, especially in the everglades believe it or not.

Great photo, I too think its an alligator though

I also believe it is an alligator. The best way is head on as the croc's nose has quite a point while the alligator's nose is nearly as wide as his/her head. This one looks like the upper jaw overlaps the lower which is a alligator. I have only seen crocs in the zoo as we had almost totally alligators in SE Louisiana. I lived right next to a marsh in West St Charles Parish for nearly 20 years so I saw a lot of alligators...

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
    edited January 6, 2008
    For a European city girl, it is not an every day event to see an animal like that in the wild. Great shot you have Z.
    There was no way that I was going to go in a low angle to take a head on shot, not with the big one we saw. It looked pretty mean to me, I was pleased to sit up high.
    The guide said it was always safe to keep your guards up, as they can be pretty predictable. I was very impressed with the wildlife we saw there.
    Great stuff!
  • chrisachrisa Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2008
    Went to your web site, hope this answers your question about the "cage" you saw.

1725_1609_1_swimming-pool.jpg
    edited January 7, 2008
    chrisa wrote:
    Went to your web site, hope this answers your question about the "cage" you saw.

AHA Moment! The cages are just when houses have swimming pools?
    They are not against bugs on the barbecue steaks cooking?
    Thanks Chrisa... Guess I could have googled it too, but did not think about it.
    :D