Playground Pic

OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in People
I have been looking at some of my older pics today.
It was taken a couple years ago with a little point & shoot.

My kid loves the playground.
This is a shot of him coming down the slide.

Can you think of any post proccessing methods/tricks that could make it better? I have PSE5.

Thanks
Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    I like this shot a lot - this is the kind of photography I have been wearing my DSLR's out with over the past five years! Love shooting the kids at play. I think that you have a winner shot as is - I played a little bit with the color, levels and sharpening and came up with this version - not tons different though in the end.

Post more like this - photos of birds, bugs and mountains are great - but these are the kinds of photos that really mean something later in life.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 7, 2008
    That's a lovely pic. I think you could apply some sharpening to the face--especially the eyes and mouth--but I would try to avoid touching the sweater or background. I don't have PSE, but I am guessing that it includes layer masks, which is the easiest way to do selective sharpening.

Cheers,
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Very nice will look good printed fun shot :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Thanks for you input. I did brighten it up just a bit and got it printed at 5x7. They grow up way to fast.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Wonderful shot! You did an excellent job capturing the emotion of a fun afternoon at the park. Good composition, great clarity, good color. Worthy of framin and hangin.
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    bauerman wrote:

Post more like this - photos of birds, bugs and mountains are great - but these are the kinds of photos that really mean something later in life.

Bauerman, Gee, it turns out that pic is even older than I thought. He is in 2nd grade now. Here is a more recent photo...
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Another nice photo and he surely has grown since the last one you posted was taken - that is for sure! He seems to enjoy "hamming it up" for Dad as well for the pictures - that is great.

This kind of documentation of children's lives - I cannot think of many better uses for photographic equipment. People spend thousands of dollars traveling the globe for 'fantastic shots'.......I get my best shots 50 feet from here in my backyard! :D
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw