Reading..

Myth-PhotoMyth-Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 7, 2008 in People
Hey all, first time on these forums here.. I shot this portrait yesterday and I'm quite happy with it.. However, I wonder if there's anything I could/should have done differently. Any advice/tips/whatever are greatly appreciated.
239934300-L.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2008
    Nothing is showing up ne_nau.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Myth-PhotoMyth-Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 6, 2008
    Strange.. Is it better now?
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Myth-Photo wrote:
    Strange.. Is it better now?

Yes, works for me.

I like it - the pose & 'seriousness'/concentration and the tone/colours. However, it's a little soft (too much blurring?) and a little dark - although I quite like the half face as totally black.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited January 7, 2008
    adrian_k wrote:
    I like it - the pose & 'seriousness'/concentration and the tone/colours. However, it's a little soft (too much blurring?) and a little dark - although I quite like the half face as totally black.

15524779-Ti.gif
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    I rather like the softness to it myself. Makes me think to myself to BE QUIET someone is concentrating. :D

Maybe just a bump in brightness to bring just wee bit of pop to it, and maybe take a hint of red out of it?

I really love this either way.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    j-bo wrote:
    I rather like the softness to it myself. Makes me think to myself to BE QUIET someone is concentrating. :D

Maybe just a bump in brightness to bring just wee bit of pop to it, and maybe take a hint of red out of it?

I really love this either way.

Almost identical to what I was going to say. Just a tad bit more brightness, but still that contrast would help a lot!
  • VicksterVickster Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Nice!
    What a wonderful use of light. . . i agree that it could be bumped up a tiny tiny bit but it's such a fine line and to go too far would spoil the quiet mood of this shot. Beautiful light!
  • Myth-PhotoMyth-Photo Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 7, 2008
    Thanks so much for the comments! She's week 2 in a project I'm doing, doing one portrait every week in 2008 :)