Meet the other 70%

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 9, 2008 in People
Musharaf's recent press confrence
"70% Pakistanis support him" According to him "70% people live in villages"
"Journalists only find modern Pakistanis who hate me"
Well this photo was shot in Capital can you imagine conditions of Villages :huh
No electricity No Gas No water Welcome to Musharaff's 100% country :rofl

It was great when one of the journalist said "Visa don't allow us to go to villages" Mush was unaware of the fact :rolleyes

240842109-L.jpg
240841384-L.jpg

It is very cold here these days he was burnning newspapers for heat and you can see empty water bottel laying down in back :cry
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Great captures-

Interesting in the first shot, you can see what appears to be tourists climbing the stairs to ????? while not so far away sits your subject in abject poverty.

The second shot is interesting in that the newspaper seems to be an written in English.

Well done.

Gene
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Thanks Gene not tourists they are locals and there are many newspapers published in English this one shown is largest "The News"
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Awais, these are wonderful captures of what's truly going on in your country. It's tragic and heartbreaking. Beautiful photos.

Thank you for sharing!
  • 3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Awais,

As always you are capturing moments in time that tell a story. A story that I can see thousands of miles away. You have a great eye for this stuff. Great work once again.
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Thanks Andi and 3n you guys keep me motivated thumb.gif

My Gallery