het Amsterdamse bos (and lightroom).

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited January 11, 2008 in Landscapes
het Amsterdamse bos (the Amsterdam forest) is not a forest, as in a typical forest. There are some paved roads, open air theater, places to rent bikes, places to barbecue, and much more.

It also happened to be situated about a 3 minute walk away from the hotel I was staying in. The hotel was nice and warm, and het Amsterdamse bos was, well.... cold to say the least :lol3

Once I was back in the hotel, and my glasses were de-fogged, I decided to check out the photos. Hmmm, lappy with not much software photo-wise. Good time to try something new, so I downloaded Lightroom and played around a bit.

I liked "the end of a love story" the best of the ones that I took, but I played around with some of the presets, which I thought were not bad.

240823108-XL.jpg

I found a radar-antenna:
240828243-XL.jpg
(yeah, so I think I should clean my sensor sometime :uhoh)

I actually tried Lightroom before, once. For some reason, I didn't like it then, but I seemed to like it this time. We'll see how it goes.

I have some other shots as well, that need to be processed. For now though, C/C welcome :D

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Heehee Ivar's sensor is dirty! :haha
    I'm not one to talk, though. Mine needs a scrub as well.

Despite not being the legendary forest of ancient oaks or whatever, it still looks pretty and peaceful. Like many of the state parks I have seen! Your low-contrast process of the first gives it a fairly dreamy look, I think. Could use a tighter crop maybe? I don't know, I just like the fact that the bridges are opposites: black and white and it'd be awesome to bring that out more, somehow.

Shots from Ivar are pretty rare so I'd like to see more! :ivar

Oh, LR has a dust spot cloning tool, correct?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Heehee Ivar's sensor is dirty! :haha
    lol3.gif
    schmoo wrote:
    Despite not being the legendary forest of ancient oaks or whatever, it still looks pretty and peaceful. Like many of the state parks I have seen! Your low-contrast process of the first gives it a fairly dreamy look, I think. Could use a tighter crop maybe? I don't know, I just like the fact that the bridges are opposites: black and white and it'd be awesome to bring that out more, somehow.

This one is indeed a 'dreamy' one, a little bit at least. I have a different shot of the bridges with a bit more contrasty processing:
    240824276-L.jpg
    I missed focus though, don't like the angle and the dark log in the bottom right corner bothers me :D
    schmoo wrote:
    Shots from Ivar are pretty rare so I'd like to see more! :ivar
    Yeah, I wish I had more time to take photos and work on them. :(: I don't shoot enough to really learn from it I think. Hopefully soon.
    schmoo wrote:
    Oh, LR has a dust spot cloning tool, correct?
    Uhhhh, right...... I knew that.... lol3.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Hey Ivar! like the first one with the bridges.

nice cold feeling too it! thumb.gif you could even exhaturate that one!

nitpicking: wished the bridge in the foreground was in focus.. rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    lol3.gif

This one is indeed a 'dreamy' one, a little bit at least. I have a different shot of the bridges with a bit more contrasty processing:

I missed focus though, don't like the angle and the dark log in the bottom right corner bothers me :D
    Maybe a pano crop? ne_nau.gif It's frustrating to not be ale to be satisfied with any PP you come back with, but gee darn I suppose this means you'll have to take your camera and head out again.

You'll get out shooting more, I know it. At the very latest, this spring! :D
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    hehe, don't like the log? Clone it out! Clean up the forest rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Select the front fence posts and sharpen only the selection...

Nice dreamy nostalgic treatment.
    edited January 11, 2008
    Hey Ivar! like the first one with the bridges.

nice cold feeling too it! thumb.gif you could even exhaturate that one!

nitpicking: wished the bridge in the foreground was in focus.. rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for looking, Chris. Yeah, I missed the focus on the bridges, albeit a bit more on the second bridge shot I posted. It was too cold to focus properly lol3.gif

I'm actually about 3 minutes walk away from them now, but don't really have time to go there :( I'll be back in the future though.
    edited January 11, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Maybe a pano crop? ne_nau.gif It's frustrating to not be ale to be satisfied with any PP you come back with, but gee darn I suppose this means you'll have to take your camera and head out again.

You'll get out shooting more, I know it. At the very latest, this spring! :D
    Yeah, I'll play around with the crops a bit more when I have some time, I might have this Sunday off, so that might be a good time :D

I'm around the bridges today, and will be more later this coming few months, so who knows thumb.gif
    edited January 11, 2008
    Dee wrote:
    hehe, don't like the log? Clone it out! Clean up the forest rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    lol3.gif

Dee wrote:
    Select the front fence posts and sharpen only the selection...

Nice dreamy nostalgic treatment.
    That might be an idea actually. Thanks, Dee!