Really Cool News!

KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
edited January 10, 2008 in Sports
I have a son who is a freshman lacrosse player at Brown University -- his lacrosse is probably the main reason for my adoption of photography as a hobby. Today, I inquired whether the university would have any issues with my shooting their games and posting my shots on Smugmug.

It turns out that there was another father who did this for the past three years, but his son graduated. Everyone, including the head coach, was bumming out that they would not have photos to enjoy anymore. So get this: Brown is issuing me a PRESS CREDENTIAL that will permit me to shoot from right on the field at both home and away games! :ivar Can you imagine if they made it to the NCAA tournament?

Gulp -- big pressure now! Stay tuned for posts -- pre-season scrimmages begin Feb 2. Now about that EF400 f/2.8 L . . .

Comments

• kuzzykuzzy Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Congrats! clap.gifSounds like a match made in heaven. I am sure you will enjoy yourself and have a great time as will those that you are photographing.
  • MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Wow, what luck! Congrats and enjoy the opportunity. clap.gif
  • oldtimeoldtime Registered Users Posts: 331 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    That is good news--Looking forward to your pictureswings.gif
    An dgood luck to th eteam
    I got a gig which will give cedentials to all Duke and UNC Lacrosse Home games this year--Lets get the season started
    D-50, D2H,D300
    Nikon 50mm 1.8D
    Sigma 120-300 2.8
    Sigma 70-300-4-5.6
    my Galleries
    http://oldtime.smugmug.com/
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=6707
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    KED,

Congradulations...

You've worked hard on your photography. You've spent the money on good equipment. You've taken advise to heart.

Your Ready thumb.gif

Don't get rattled, it's just pictures. You know what to do, just go do it. Don't get caught up in any mental pressure. Just rely on what you've learned and your equipment.

Most important: HAVE FUN wings.gif
    Randy
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    oldtime wrote:
    Lets get the season started
    I second that -- 2/2 can't get here soon enough, although I'd rather be shooting in NC than in RI in early Feb! Just ordered me some of those shooting gloves -- I may need them all the way thru the end of the season up in Providence.
    edited January 7, 2008
    rwells wrote:
    KED,

Congradulations...

You've worked hard on your photography. You've spent the money on good equipment. You've taken advise to heart.

Your Ready thumb.gif

Don't get rattled, it's just pictures. You know what to do, just go do it. Don't get caught up in any mental pressure. Just rely on what you've learned and your equipment.

Most important: HAVE FUN wings.gif
    Thanks Randy and everybody -- I don't see how it could NOT be fun!!! Now back to the GAME -- OSU 7, LSU 0 (but I'm on TiVo). clap.gif
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Congratulations on the gig - that looks like a great way to enjoy your hobby and be involved with your son in the process.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    I think you should celebrate with B&H :)

good excuse for some new toys!!
    edited January 7, 2008
    bauerman wrote:
    Congratulations on the gig - that looks like a great way to enjoy your hobby and be involved with your son in the process.
    My very happy experience has been that my kids actually do like what i am doing with this and are not embarrassed by me -- go figure!
    edited January 7, 2008
    cmason wrote:
    I think you should celebrate with B&H :)

good excuse for some new toys!!
    My very first thought! But I am trying to exercise iron-like discipline at least through the first scrimmage.
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    congrats - and have fun.
    KED wrote:
    My very first thought! But I am trying to exercise iron-like discipline at least through the first scrimmage.

at least through the 1st scrimmage, after which you begin to say "gee, that shot coulda been better if only I had x lens..." mwink.gif

lookin' forwards to the shots.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Oh Lax is sooo much fun to shoot!
    edited January 8, 2008
    winger wrote:
    Oh Lax is sooo much fun to shoot!
    And I can see you've shot a LOT of it -- nice shots too. We play you this year (maybe every year, what do I know my guy is a freshman). @ Brown, I think. Will you be shooting there? If so, see you on the sidelines!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited January 10, 2008
    Outstanding thumb.gif

Look forward to seeing the shots.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Congratulations!

Enjoy the opportunity and looking forward to seeing some pics!
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave