How can I improve?

AugieAugie Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
edited January 9, 2008 in Holy Macro
How could I make this better?

The sample is round about 9mm in Dia. as you can see the structure is intricate.

Some of what you are looking at could be shadowing from the flash or the underlyng structure. No it' can't be butterflied open. The metal is shape memory metal

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Depends a bit on what the shot is for - assuming you want an appealing shot rather than a technical shot, Think I'd try a much lower shooting angle and try to get closer so it fills the FOV and possibly with it pointing slightly away from the camera.

Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Augie wrote:
    How could I make this better?

The sample is round about 9mm in Dia. as you can see the structure is intricate.

Some of what you are looking at could be shadowing from the flash or the underlyng structure. No it' can't be butterflied open. The metal is shape memory metal.

Hi Augie I see Brian has already offered you some help.
    A different angle, and closer view is probably the way to go,
    and also you need to clean up the debris around it as well.

All the best thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AugieAugie Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Unfotunatly there is no way that I have found in order to get a suitable publication with optics in this case.

The structre is an open repeating symetric structure.
    As anyone will say that a metallic surface is one of the most difficult to shoot, However with the SEM that makes it seem like childs play.

This is an image of a stent that made the cover of the companies annual report. 241223636-S.jpg
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    How long is this thing ? - you should be able to get a shot like that with a 1:1 macro lens I think.
    Brian v.