Sanibel Sunrise

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited January 19, 2008 in Landscapes
235981468-M.jpg

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    I might have moved the horizon in the photo a little more 'up' in the frame so that its about 1/3 of the way towards the top. I might have also placed the sun more to the right or the left in the frame as well rather than dead center.

I think that the birds really add to the photo - like that element. Thanks for posting this - some nice warm light captured.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Hey cap'n, welcome to Dgrin! I think it's a lovely shot: great color and classic subject matter. Very well excuted, too! thumb.gif

In general you'll find that people prefer photos to be embedded in your post rather than just linked. If you need help there's a tute showing how to do this.

Hope to see more from you! :D
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 9, 2008
    Bauerman
    Thanks for the reply. I have to let you know that this shot was actually a point and shoot. I saw the birds flying and pointed the camera and shot! This was the outcome. Not bad for a unplanned shot...
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    captain78 wrote:
    Bauerman
    Thanks for the reply. I have to let you know that this shot was actually a point and shoot. I saw the birds flying and pointed the camera and shot! This was the outcome. Not bad for a unplanned shot...

Quite good actually for an unplanned shot in my estimation. Thanks for sharing it.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2008
    Really like this shot with the birds! Looks great! thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 18, 2008
    I just got word from our local newspaper that the photo above is being published tomorrow (Jan 19th) in their local photographer section. clap.gif
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    captain78 wrote:
    I just got word from our local newspaper that the photo above is being published tomorrow (Jan 19th) in their local photographer section. clap.gif

Hey, congratulations.

clap.gif

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    Great news great photo !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2008
    That's so beautiful...the sky looks painted. Congrats on getting it in the paper, and welcome to the forum. :D
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2008
    bauerman wrote:
    I might have moved the horizon in the photo a little more 'up' in the frame so that its about 1/3 of the way towards the top. I might have also placed the sun more to the right or the left in the frame as well rather than dead center.

You're right bauerman. However I think either of those actions would have eliminated half of the birds and the birds make that shot.

(PS - Great signature quote)
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb