Chanting Rock

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited January 9, 2008 in Landscapes
420-bw-r6913.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• hejjafishhejjafish Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    good stuff.thumb.gif Do you ever keep your photos in color? It would seem you like B&W like I like color. I like B&W but I love color.:D
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    hejjafish wrote:
    good stuff.thumb.gif Do you ever keep your photos in color? It would seem you like B&W like I like color. I like B&W but I love color.:D

It's just been the last month or so I've been concentrating on B&W. There's something there that translates different for me. I've been studying the work of some very excellent photographers that shoot/shot in B&W and just been trying to think in those terms. I still can't back off a pre-sunrise/surise or sunset/post-sunset shot in color though.

Something I've noticed about this particular shot is that it seems to have an enhanced strength to it about 6-8 feet from the monitor. A whole different look. I'm running up in the morning to get a 16x20 done and see if it has the same effect as a print.

And thank you!
    Anybody can do it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    What an interesting rock formation! Does the name have to do with wind resonating in those holes?

I think your BW conversions are great! thumb.gif Really brings out the textures in the rock.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Very beautiful as it will fall out of screen anytime eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited January 9, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    What an interesting rock formation! Does the name have to do with wind resonating in those holes?

I think your BW conversions are great! thumb.gif Really brings out the textures in the rock.

Yes, the 'chanting' supposedly comes from this formation and many others scattered throughout the area. Haven't heard it yet myself, so I suppose that means I have to go back.

Thanks for the comment on the BW conversions.
    Anybody can do it.
    edited January 9, 2008
    Very beautiful as it will fall out of screen anytime eek7.gif

Thank you Awais. It's having a very cool effect on me.
    Anybody can do it.