Cant load web site, goes to Smugmug

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited January 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I assume there is A) a problem with SM, or B) there is yet another problem with the new SS.

I just loaded my website, and the SS asked for a password. NOW, when I try to load my site, I get the Smugmug site.

Seriously - what gives?

I can't even fix this problem by going back to the old code as my laptop is at work with all my old code
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    me too
    They have been having problems, this is the third time in a few days that this has happened.
    I know they have been working on it... always post they are, and it is fixed pretty quickly.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    They have been having problems, this is the third time in a few days that this has happened.
    I know they have been working on it... always post they are, and it is fixed pretty quickly.

I'll assume you mean the loading of smugmug instead of your (our) site(s), but what about the password box coming up with the new SS!?!

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited January 7, 2008
    btw
    The other night, I was working on my site, most of my changes were fine when SMug was back up.
    It freaked me out, thought I broke my site. ne_nau.gif
    But it was SMug :D
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    It's back up again. Give it another try!
    edited January 7, 2008
    OffTopic wrote:
    It's back up again. Give it another try!

Loaded the site twice since your reply, first time it worked, the second time I got the smugmug site.

edited January 7, 2008
    DJKennedy wrote:
    Loaded the site twice since your reply, first time it worked, the second time I got the smugmug site.

Yeah, mine went back to smugmug again after I replied, but now it's back again. Guess it's just a little unstable right now.
    edited January 7, 2008
    I just tried to open my site, nope
    they have to be working on it

the other night it was on/off a couple times. the next night, just off for a short time.

I could get to my site using an old link, my original smugmug nickname, that was not a custom host name. odd
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    There's funny stuff going on again with my site too...some galleries are showing up as empty even though there not. Among other things. :patch
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    JenW wrote:
    There's funny stuff going on again with my site too...some galleries are showing up as empty even though there not. Among other things. :patch

There's a message now at the top of the screen while browsing that they are working on fixing a problem.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Sorry folks, Don is working on it and I hope that it'll be back to normal fast.
  • bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Sorry folks, Don is working on it and I hope that it'll be back to normal fast.
    Andy -

As always great news and I have no worries.

It might be nice once you have this problem fixed if Don or someone can add something either to here or maybe to his blog just to talk about why there seem to be a lot of issues the last few days.

If I remember correctly the last time this happened it had to do with a database issue.

I love all the great service - you guys are absolutely the best.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2008
    yay!!! back up again! Thanks for the speedy fix. clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited January 7, 2008
    Appears fixed now.

The banner is gone.

Quick fixing Don!

edited January 7, 2008