Bulk update to max image size?

ukaskewukaskew Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited January 8, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've decided I want to limit access to my site so users can only view up to XLarge size, however the only method I can see of doing this is to customize every single gallery individually (I'm a Power User). As I have nearly 200 galleries this would take an incredible amount of time, is there a way I'm missed in the help text that explains how it's possible to bulk update my entire site so the maximum size is XLarge?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Hi, you still have to touch each gallery - but you might try SmugBrowser, the awesome Firefox extension that makes tasks like this a cinch.

http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    I also recommend SmugBrowser, opening it and right clicking the top level,
    select the "security & privacy" tab then check whatever size you want.
    Click "ok" and your whole site is changed. Couldn't be easier.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ukaskewukaskew Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Thanks very much, that's awesome. All done and I only downloaded the app 5 minutes ago!
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Only with FireFox, I assume?
    Allen wrote:
    I also recommend SmugBrowser, opening it and right clicking the top level,
    select the "security & privacy" tab then check whatever size you want.
    Click "ok" and your whole site is changed. Couldn't be easier.

Hi Allen:
    I'm on IE7. It seems I'm forever trying to learn to use something new to replace what I'm already more or less successfully using.

At the risk of asking what is probably a dumb question...do I have to now install and learn FireFox in order to use SmugBrowser so, like the other poster, I don't have to go thru umpteen galleries one by one to convert to XL size photos??

Assuming I have to install FireFox, is it a steep enough learning curve to make the climb hardly worth the trouble? Can I have IE7 (which is the design-compatable browser for my business) and FireFox on my machine at the same time? Can I switch back and forth from one browser to the other easily.

Thanks for indulging my ignorance.
    edited January 8, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    Hi Allen:
    I'm on IE7. It seems I'm forever trying to learn to use something new to replace what I'm already more or less successfully using.

At the risk of asking what is probably a dumb question...do I have to now install and learn FireFox in order to use SmugBrowser so, like the other poster, I don't have to go thru umpteen galleries one by one to convert to XL size photos??

Assuming I have to install FireFox, is it a steep enough learning curve to make the climb hardly worth the trouble? Can I have IE7 (which is the design-compatable browser for my business) and FireFox on my machine at the same time? Can I switch back and forth from one browser to the other easily.

Firefox is easy to use, and learn. I've never met a single soul who has used it and said "No thanks, I like MS IE7 better."

Give it a try, you won't regret it, Papajay. And yes, you must have FF to use SmugBrowser, it's a Firefox Addon.

More, here:
    http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps

And yes, you can have any number of browsers running at the same time. I use: Firefox2, Safari, Camino and Flock on my Mac. IE6, IE7, Firefox2 and Safari on my PCs.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    Hi Allen:

After installing Firefox open it and go here.
    SmugBrowser is an add-on to Firefox, you do not download it, you just click
    install button, close Firefox, open Firefox, look under tools menu dropdown
    at top and pick SmugBrowser.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2008
    Deep Sigh... I'll give FireFox a try
    Andy and Allen...
    Thank you both for your replies. With such enthusiastic endorsement of FireFox, I guess I'll just have to give it a try (what's yet another software to learn, right?).
    Papajay
    edited January 8, 2008
    papajay wrote:
    (what's yet another software to learn, right?).
    Papajay

There's really not much to learn :) Just use it and enjoy! Lather, rinse, repeat.